6 Replies Latest reply: Mar 3, 2013 9:53 PM by 921550 RSS

Rules Set Issues and Information

user11978217
      Hi every one,

I am running a Rule Set.

In Job Console it still shows processing after a while, instead it should be showing completed status, when I expand the rule set in job console to watch the problem it shows that 1 rule is in still processing.

I ran the rule again and still the same issue, but this time when i expand the rule set, the order in which the business rule should execute is changed and a different rule is shown in processing which is being completed in the last attempt.

1)Does any one have any clue how to solve this issue? Or what is causing this Issue?

2)The rules in rule set runs in the same sequence as defined in rule set? or they just run randomly? why job console shows as if these rules are executed randomly??

Regards.
        • 1. Re: Rules Set Issues and Information
          Hi,

Please refer the following Oracle doc.

Hyperion Planning - Version 11.1.2.0.00 and later: -
          Hyperion Planning Job Console Shows Incorrect Information About job completion. [ID 1429796.1]

Hyperion Planning - Version 9.3.1.0.00 to 11.1.1.3.00 [Release 9.3 to 11.1]
          How to Delete Business Rules Jobs with Status "Processing" in Planning Web? [ID 966683.1]

Hope this helps.

Regards,
          -SM
          • 2. Re: Rules Set Issues and Information
            user11978217
            I know how to correct the job console status...
            I corrected the status of still processing jobs and than executed the job again and it executed fine. I was think could it be that if the jobs are still in processing... or shown as processing in job console, it affects our current jobs?

thanks for reply.
            • 3. Re: Rules Set Issues and Information
              Hi,

If the rule execution is completed and still the job console is showing processing, it won't affect current or future jobs.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
              -SM
              • 4. Re: Rules Set Issues and Information
                user11978217
                ok i am a bit confuse here. Is it possible that the rules are completed but the job console is showing it as still processing?
                I use to check EAS console for running processes.

EAS console->right click on database->edit property->seissions...

Sessions only shows what the current users running, it doesn't show the things which are running.
                • 5. Re: Rules Set Issues and Information
                  Mehmet Sevinc
                  If the job console shows the business rule as processing that means it is still running and not finished yet.

Cheers,
                  Mehmet
                  • 6. Re: Rules Set Issues and Information
                    Hi Mehmet,

With due respect, I think the user11978217 might be facing the issue mentioned in Oracle doc. +Hyperion Planning Job Console Shows Incorrect Information About job completion. [ID 1429796.1]+, wherein planning job console shows running status but if we see the sessions in EAS console we don't find any for concerned request.

Hi user11978217,

If you see the last column in Sessions window which is "Request Status", you would see the status of one of the session as running/processing whenever you would execute the Rule Set or for that matter any calculation or request. If the Rule Set is executed completely, this session which was showing status as Running/Processing would disappear, on refresh.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
                    -SM