This discussion is archived
5 Replies Latest reply: Mar 7, 2013 8:06 AM by 992927 RSS

how to play flash of the web page

992927 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
I used javafx2 browser for my project. but a large number of web page which used flash upload component cann't display
normal.

is there any solutions?

Thanks.
  • 1. Re: how to play flash of the web page
    jsmith Guru
    WebView cannot use plugins like Flash or Silverlight.

If you want to show a html page containing flash content, instead open the page in the system browser using HostServices.showDocument(uri) and let that make use of a flash plugin if it can.

http://docs.oracle.com/javafx/2/api/javafx/application/HostServices.html#showDocument(java.lang.String)
  • 2. Re: how to play flash of the web page
    992927 Newbie
    thank you,But this does not solve my problem. Do you have any intention to increase flash support in later versions?

I think flash has been a very important position in the field of desktop browser before html5 popularity.

Wish javafx getting better!
  • 3. Re: how to play flash of the web page
    jsmith Guru
    Do you have any intention to increase flash support in later versions?
    Me personally - No.
    Oracle as a supported feature of JavaFX - IMO highly unlikely due to the increased security attack surface that such a solution would entail.
    Some other 3rd party - Perhaps.
  • 4. Re: how to play flash of the web page
    gimbal2 Guru
    989924 wrote:
    thank you,But this does not solve my problem. Do you have any intention to increase flash support in later versions?
    Shouldn't you be asking Adobe about this? Its their tech and they supply the plugins!
    I think flash has been a very important position in the field of desktop browser before html5 popularity.
    Yes but now apparently you want to use JavaFX - an ALTERNATIVE to Flash and its derivatives. When you would have Flash support, what exactly would JavaFX itself be left to do?
  • 5. Re: how to play flash of the web page
    992927 Newbie
    Thanks for answer.

I need a Embedded browse of my swing project. So i used javafx. I know javafx and flash is a competitive relationship. But I really need an embedded browser components for my swing projuct. If I have offended, please forgive me.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points