0 Replies Latest reply: Feb 24, 2013 10:56 PM by 993063 RSS

Getting 401 error while switching server in Weblogic clustered environment

Dear Friends,

Scenario: Our production servers are configured as clustered and hence load balanced as well (3 servers). We have also common authentication enabled (which authenticates users from a different server...).

But we are facing some strange issue,

Problem : Sometimes when a request comes to WL Proxy and it send request to primary server and primary server is busy/down, then WL Proxy redirects to another server in cluster...... But that time the second server respond with 401 (unauthorized access) error.
      While if the request from primary finds the primary server available then the request goes fine.. and we receive success response.

Note: This happens not always, but sometimes only.. I found this happening in 30 mins or 1:30 mins of a user logged in.. mean irregular behaviour... I am not able to understand why this is happening and what could be reason of 401 error from server.. Due to 401 error from server the user gets kicked out of login.

I found some where about +<enforce-valid-basic-auth-credentials>false</enforce-valid-basic-auth-credentials>+. But do not know whether this will work in my case. In prod env I do not want an experiment.

Appreciate your response..
      AmitK