This discussion is archived
5 Replies Latest reply: Feb 25, 2013 8:44 PM by Hussein Sawwan-Oracle RSS

Crystal Reports XI with Oracle Database

992179 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
I would like to make a report in Crystal for an AR Aging Report. I have successfully done the steps in connecting my Crystal Report to Oracle database however I am at a lost in trying to find the source tables for the required fields in an AR Aging Report.

I am new to Oracle and a beginner in Crystal. How can I find the source tables to link? Are there any other way to link the tables in Crystal aside from linking them in the database expert?

Appreciate your help.

Thanks.
  • 1. Re: Crystal Reports XI with Oracle Database
    Srini Chavali-Oracle Oracle ACE Director
    The eTRM website has the documentation for EBS data models. If you are new to Oracle and EBS, you will be overwhelmed. You will need to seek the guidance of someone who has functional and technical knowledge of EBS

http://etrm.oracle.com

EBS incorporates security models that you will need to incorporate in your code to be able to successfully access the right data.

Oracle Applications Multiple Organizations Access Control for Custom Code [ID 420787.1]

HTH
    Srini
  • 2. Re: Crystal Reports XI with Oracle Database
    Hussein Sawwan-Oracle Employee ACE
    If you want to see the code/queries which are used by "AR Aging Report" you can open the report using reports builder or enable trace and generate the TKPROF file.

FAQ: Common Tracing Techniques in Oracle E-Business Applications 11i and R12 [ID 296559.1]
    Enabling Concurrent Program Traces [ID 123222.1]
    How To Trace a Concurrent Request And Generate TKPROF File [ID 453527.1]

Thanks,
    Hussein
  • 3. Re: Crystal Reports XI with Oracle Database
    992179 Newbie
    Hi Hussein,

thanks for the response. why do we need codes and queries? can we not use crystal reports without queries. I've seen reports done in crystal that do not rely in codes but just on links. Will this not work in Oracle db?
  • 4. Re: Crystal Reports XI with Oracle Database
    992179 Newbie
    Hi Srini..
    I am indeed overwhelmed. I am a bit limited with the help I can get from Oracle technical and functional consultants that we have around in the company that is why I am doing a bit of a research and readings add to that online consultation. But I take that as a sound advise.

I am curious to know why we need codes? In crystal reports codes can be incorporated to get to the required data, but it can also fetch the data by putting up the links in the tables. Is the second option not feasible in Oracle database?

thanks for your help.
  • 5. Re: Crystal Reports XI with Oracle Database
    Hussein Sawwan-Oracle Employee ACE
    user2646367 wrote:
    Hi Hussein,

thanks for the response. why do we need codes and queries? can we not use crystal reports without queries. I've seen reports done in crystal that do not rely in codes but just on links. Will this not work in Oracle db?
    Get the code of the seeded report so you can determine what table (or database objects) are used by this report, then use it in your code.

Thanks,
    Hussein

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points