This discussion is archived
2 Replies Latest reply: Feb 26, 2013 6:17 AM by Tuelho RSS

Starting a specific managed server with a different JVM.

Tuelho Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hello!

We have a Weblogic (11g 10.3.6.0) Domain created using the Configuration Wizard (WL_HOME/common/bin/config.sh). This domain was configured to use Oracle JRockit JVM. So, all managed servers in this domain uses JRockit. But for some test/P.O.C reasons we want to configure a specific managed server (in this same domain) to run on top of Sun HotSpot. We need do this without change the domain's default JVM (Oracle JRockit).

Is it possible?

I tried many ways but now I'm a bit confused. Reading the DOC [1] I tried to change the setDomainEnv.sh to set the JAVA_VENDOR ('Sun') and JAVA_HOME (/path/to/sun/jdk). But in this way you change the JVM for whole Domain.

If I change the Server's configuration using AdminConsole (ServerX>Configuration>Server Start page) and them start it using AdminConsole or NodeManager, it (partially) works. I mean, the server starts using Sun Hotspot JVM, but if you look at the command process used to statrt it, you can see something strange.

"/opt/Oracle/java/ *jdk1.7.0_07* /bin/java -Dweblogic.Name=server-2 -Dbea.home=/opt/Oracle/Middleware11g -Djava.security.policy=/opt/Oracle/Middleware11g/wlserver_10.3/server/lib/weblogic.policy -Dweblogic.management.server=http://192.168.56.101:7001 -D *java.library.path* = */opt/Oracle/java/jrmc-4.0.1-1.6.0/jre/lib/amd64/jrockit:/opt/Oracle/java/jrmc-4.0.1-1.6.0/jre/lib/amd64:/opt/Oracle/java/jrmc-4.0.1-1.6.0/jre/../lib/amd64* :/opt/Oracle/Middleware11g/patch_wls1036/profiles/default/native:/opt/Oracle/Middleware11g/patch_ocp371/profiles/default/native:/opt/Oracle/Middleware11g/wlserver_10.3/server/native/linux/x86_64:/opt/Oracle/Middleware11g/wlserver_10.3/server/native/linux/x86_64/oci920_8 -D *java.class.path* =/opt/Oracle/Middleware11g/patch_wls1036/profiles/default/sys_manifest_classpath/weblogic_patch.jar:/opt/Oracle/Middleware11g/patch_ocp371/profiles/default/sys_manifest_classpath/weblogic_patch.jar:*/opt/Oracle/java/jrmc-4.0.1-1.6.0/lib/tools.jar*:/opt/Oracle/Middleware11g/wlserver_10.3/server/lib/weblogic_sp.jar:/opt/Oracle/Middleware11g/wlserver_10.3/server/lib/weblogic.jar:/opt/Oracle/Middleware11g/modules/features/weblogic.server.modules_10.3.6.0.jar:/opt/Oracle/Middleware11g/wlserver_10.3/server/lib/webservices.jar:/opt/Oracle/Middleware11g/modules/org.apache.ant_1.7.1/lib/ant-all.jar:/opt/Oracle/Middleware11g/modules/net.sf.antcontrib_1.1.0.0_1-0b2/lib/ant-contrib.jar::/opt/Oracle/Middleware11g -Dweblogic.system.BootIdentityFile=/opt/Oracle/Middleware11g/user_projects/domains/base_domain/servers/server-2/data/nodemanager/boot.properties -Dweblogic.nodemanager.ServiceEnabled=true -Dweblogic.security.SSL.ignoreHostnameVerification=false -Dweblogic.ReverseDNSAllowed=false -server -d64 -Xms512m -Xmx512m -XX:PermSize=128m -XX:MaxPermSize=256m weblogic.Server"

As you can see above, the server process are still using java.class.path and java.library.path with references to Oracle JRockit JVM.
I've tested in x86_64 and Sun SPARC platform. On x86_64 the server starts with no problem. But on Solaris SPARC the server crashs during startup time.

So, my question is: how can we solve this? Are the Node Manager using setDomainEnv.sh or commEnv.sh vars to set the java.class.path and java.library.path opitons?

Thanks.
___
[1] http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E23943_01/web.1111/e13708/overview.htm

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points