2 Replies Latest reply: Feb 26, 2013 7:46 AM by InoL RSS

How i can associate my app user with database role

user8929172
      In my application (oracle forms application developed in-house - We are using Oracle Forms 11gR2 with WebLogic 10.3.5 ), i want to use "application user" instead of database user.
      I have an application users table, actually, i have database users,and of course, menu application works with database roles (It was developed with oracle forms menu module), my question is, How i can associate my application user with database role, for reusing oracle forms menu funcionality?. It's possible?

Thanks,
      Edward
        • 1. Re: How i can associate my app user with database role
          HamidHelal
          user8929172 wrote:
          In my application (oracle forms application developed in-house - We are using Oracle Forms 11gR2 with WebLogic 10.3.5 ), i want to use "application user" instead of database user.
          I have an application users table, actually, i have database users,and of course, menu application works with database roles (It was developed with oracle forms menu module), my question is, How i can associate my application user with database role, for reusing oracle forms menu funcionality?. It's possible?
          Hi Edward
          You can do this by assigning the role functionality to the application user. For example
          create the table to enter user name.
          create table to enter group name.
          create table to assign user to group.
          assign role to group.
          assign functionality for the user by coding.

hope this helps
          • 2. Re: How i can associate my app user with database role
            InoL
            for reusing oracle forms menu funcionality
            That is not really possible. The menu security works for database users with database roles, not for application users.
            You will need to build your own menu security and use SET_MENU_ITEM_PROPERTY to enable/disable menu items.