3 Replies Latest reply: Feb 26, 2013 12:38 AM by 796384 RSS

Project builds take a long time

I'm new to Orace ADF and I using the OEPE pluging for Eclipse Juno. Everytime I make a change to one of *.jspx or *.jsff files and save the Eclipse IDE takes an extensive amount time (5 mins) to do "Processing variable in *.jspx" or to make updates to AppXray. Can anyone tell me how to resolve this. Should I turnoff all validation that is occurring for the Web module of my project?
        • 1. Re: Project builds take a long time
          Can you please provide us more information, so that we can debug this on our end:

1. The version of OEPE plugins you are using
          2. Number of JSP files in the project and how many are open in the editor?
          3. I am assuming most of the jsp files have the binding el expressions in them. Is that correct?

First thing to try is to close the number of open jsp files and try to open only the JSPs which you are actually working with. This should speed up performance.

If this does not still resolve the problem, you could turn off AppXRay(Window->Preferences->AppXRay), but you will lose some features like refactoring of el expressions within jsp, code completion, hyperlinking and the binding variable tree in binding dialogs.

This has been an area where we have made improvments in the current release, but please provide us more information so that we can suggest a good workaround for you.
          • 2. Re: Project builds take a long time
            1.) Version of OEPE Plugins

Oracle ADF Documentation (11.1.1.4.0)
            Part of Oracle Enterprise Pack for Eclipse 12.1.1.2.0

Integrated documentation for Oracle ADF 11.1.1.4.0.

2.) There are a total of 3 jsp type files (2 *.jspx, 1 *.jsff) in the entire project
            3.) Yes

Also, I followed your suggestions, which did not help the issue. As a result, I completed deleted the project in the workspace and started fresh. I repeated the same steps, but noticed that once I generated a bounded taskflow with an associated page fragment (*.jsff file type), that's when all my problems started occuring.

Perhaps this is too much, but below is the entire Eclipse Configuration:

*** Date: Monday, February 25, 2013 5:21:51 PM Eastern Standard Time

*** Platform Details:

*** System properties:
            J2EEcache=
            applicationXMI=org.eclipse.ui.workbench/LegacyIDE.e4xmi
            awt.toolkit=sun.awt.windows.WToolkit
            eclipse.application=org.eclipse.ui.ide.workbench
            eclipse.buildId=M20120914-1800
            eclipse.commands=-os
            win32
            -ws
            win32
            -arch
            x86_64
            -showsplash
            C:\Users\someuser\Desktop\Eclipse_Juno\eclipse\\plugins\org.eclipse.platform_4.2.1.v201209141800\splash.bmp
            -launcher
            C:\Users\someuser\Desktop\Eclipse_Juno\eclipse\eclipse.exe
            -name
            Eclipse
            --launcher.library
            C:\Users\someuser\Desktop\Eclipse_Juno\eclipse\\plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.win32.win32.x86_64_1.1.200.v20120522-1813\eclipse_1503.dll
            -startup
            C:\Users\someuser\Desktop\Eclipse_Juno\eclipse\\plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_1.3.0.v20120522-1813.jar
            --launcher.overrideVmargs
            -exitdata
            1c4_5c
            -vm
            C:\Windows\system32\javaw.exe
            eclipse.home.location=file:/C:/Users/someuser/Desktop/Eclipse_Juno/eclipse/
            eclipse.launcher=C:\Users\someuser\Desktop\Eclipse_Juno\eclipse\eclipse.exe
            eclipse.launcher.name=Eclipse
            eclipse.p2.data.area=@config.dir/../p2/
            eclipse.p2.profile=SDKProfile
            eclipse.product=org.eclipse.sdk.ide
            eclipse.startTime=1361826733285
            eclipse.vm=C:\Windows\system32\javaw.exe
            eclipse.vmargs=-Xms512m
            -Xmx2048m
            -Dsun.lang.ClassLoader.allowArraySyntax=true
            -XX:MaxPermSize=2048m
            -jar
            C:\Users\someuser\Desktop\Eclipse_Juno\eclipse\\plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_1.3.0.v20120522-1813.jar
            equinox.use.ds=true
            file.encoding=Cp1252
            file.encoding.pkg=sun.io
            file.separator=\
            gosh.args=--nointeractive
            guice.disable.misplaced.annotation.check=true
            java.awt.graphicsenv=sun.awt.Win32GraphicsEnvironment
            java.awt.printerjob=sun.awt.windows.WPrinterJob
            java.class.path=C:\Users\someuser\Desktop\Eclipse_Juno\eclipse\\plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_1.3.0.v20120522-1813.jar
            java.class.version=50.0
            java.endorsed.dirs=C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\lib\endorsed
            java.ext.dirs=C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\lib\ext;C:\Windows\Sun\Java\lib\ext
            java.home=C:\Program Files\Java\jre6
            java.io.tmpdir=C:\Users\someuser\AppData\Local\Temp\
            java.library.path=C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows\Sun\Java\bin;C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows;C:\oraclexe\app\oracle\product\11.2.0\server\bin;;C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows;C:\Windows\System32\Wbem;C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Program Files (x86)\CheckPoint\Endpoint Security Agent\Endpoint Common\bin;C:\Program Files\Intel\WiFi\bin\;C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intel\WirelessCommon\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\100\Tools\Binn\;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\100\Tools\Binn\;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\100\DTS\Binn\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\100\Tools\Binn\VSShell\Common7\IDE\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\Common7\IDE\PrivateAssemblies\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\100\DTS\Binn\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Team Foundation Server 2010 Power Tools\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Team Foundation Server 2010 Power Tools\Best Practices Analyzer\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Check Point\UIFramework 2.0\Bin\;C:\Program Files (x86)\CheckPoint\Endpoint Security\Endpoint Common\bin;C:\apache-maven-3.0.4\bin;C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_32\bin;C:\Program Files\TortoiseSVN\bin;C:\grails-2.1.0\bin;C:\apache-ant-1.8.4\bin;C:\Program Files (x86)\SSH Communications Security\SSH Secure Shell;C:\Program Files (x86)\IDM Computer Solutions\UltraCompare\;.
            java.runtime.name=Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment
            java.runtime.version=1.6.0_32-b05
            java.specification.name=Java Platform API Specification
            java.specification.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.
            java.specification.version=1.6
            java.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.
            java.vendor.url=http://java.sun.com/
            java.vendor.url.bug=http://java.sun.com/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi
            java.version=1.6.0_32
            java.vm.info=mixed mode
            java.vm.name=Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM
            java.vm.specification.name=Java Virtual Machine Specification
            java.vm.specification.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.
            java.vm.specification.version=1.0
            java.vm.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.
            java.vm.version=20.7-b02
            line.separator=

oracle.eclipse.tools.cloud.ui.server.selected=false
            oracle.eclipse.tools.weblogic.ui.isWebLogicServer=false
            org.apache.commons.logging.Log=org.apache.commons.logging.impl.NoOpLog
            org.eclipse.debug.ui.breakpoints.toggleFactoriesUsed=false
            org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.splash.location=C:\Users\someuser\Desktop\Eclipse_Juno\eclipse\\plugins\org.eclipse.platform_4.2.1.v201209141800\splash.bmp
            org.eclipse.equinox.simpleconfigurator.configUrl=file:org.eclipse.equinox.simpleconfigurator/bundles.info
            org.eclipse.m2e.log.dir=C:\AppBaseOracleMavenADF\.metadata\.plugins\org.eclipse.m2e.logback.configuration
            org.eclipse.update.reconcile=false
            org.osgi.framework.executionenvironment=OSGi/Minimum-1.0,OSGi/Minimum-1.1,OSGi/Minimum-1.2,JRE-1.1,J2SE-1.2,J2SE-1.3,J2SE-1.4,J2SE-1.5,JavaSE-1.6
            org.osgi.framework.language=en
            org.osgi.framework.os.name=Windows7
            org.osgi.framework.os.version=6.1.0
            org.osgi.framework.processor=x86-64
            • 3. Re: Project builds take a long time
              Apologize for the late reply. If you are continuing to face the issue even after disabling appxray, you can try do this:

1. In Window->Preferences->AppXRay, make sure “Disable AppXray” button is not selected
              2 Below the Tech ext table, click on the “Disable All” button. That will turn off All Tech extensions for appxray discovery/collection

You will lose some of the features as mentioned earlier, but atleast it will allow you to proceed further.

I will continue to investigate the performance issue. I would probably need more information about your jspx file, especially how many EL expressions you got in each jspx/jsff file. Does it contain a lot of binding expressions?