This discussion is archived
4 Replies Latest reply: Mar 9, 2013 8:59 AM by mbp RSS

problem with file size sent by Agents Obiee 11.1.1.6.6

mbp Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hello,

I have problems with file size sent by Agents.
By example: I export a report to excel from dashboard, then I open excel file and I can see all information content , but when I execute an agent from the same report and then I open excel file and I can see than information is not complete.

Can you tell me why loss information when I use agent ?

Thanks,

MBP
  • 1. Re: problem with file size sent by Agents Obiee 11.1.1.6.6
    Benoît Journeyer
    Hi mbp,

there is restriction, in some cases, on the number of rows downloaded to Excel. So your issue is maybe due to this limit.
    Please see this site to increase the number of rows downloaded to Excel :
    http://oraclebisolutions.blogspot.ch/2013/01/increase-number-of-rows-to.html

hope it helps,

Benoit
  • 2. Re: problem with file size sent by Agents Obiee 11.1.1.6.6
    mbp Newbie
    Thanks Benoit,

It was usefull to me.

I have last question: If I change parameter for increasing the number of rows downloaded to Excel, does decrease performance when I execute a query from a dashboard OBI ?

Thanks again

MBP
  • 3. Re: problem with file size sent by Agents Obiee 11.1.1.6.6
    Benoît Journeyer
    Hi mbp,

if you change parameter for increasing the number of rows downloaded to Excel :
    - you don't decrease performance when you execute a query from a dashboard OBI because this parameter has no impact on the execution of query,
    - you can decrease performance when you ask an Excel export from a dashboard OBI if they are so many rows in your report because Presentation server must translate the report into an Excel format

Please mark if it helps,
    Regards,

Benoit
  • 4. Re: problem with file size sent by Agents Obiee 11.1.1.6.6
    mbp Newbie
    Thanks Benoit,

I changed the parameter jus like you suggested to me and it works very well, but I have another problem with agent and it is regarding to file size.
    When I export query to Excel from a dashboard OBI, the file size is only *350 KB* but when I use agent for same query and send an email, the excel file size is *6 MB*, so there is a great differenrence in size and I have a problem because I have restriction for sending emails regarding to file size.

Do you Know why increase a lot file size when I use agent ?

I have another question:

When I use pluggin obi for excel, I have the same problem than I expused here at beggining with agent, I am lossing information content when I use pluggin obi for excel.
    Do you know if I must to change configuration in instanceconfig.xml ? or is there another reason ?

Regards,

MBP

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points