i observed different applet behavior between the following environments
1. Internet Explorer 6 with JRE 1.5 u11
2. Internet Explorer 8 with JRE 1.6 u32
I setup the following test environment.
1. Create a page that loads an applet.
2. There is a button in the page that allow me to navigate to another page.
3. In my applet init() method, I place a sleep(5000) to simulate some activities.
I ran the following test.
1. Load the page
2. while the init() method is still running, I click on the button to navigate to another page.
Results as follows.
1. IE 6 Environment -- Applet will complete init(), execute start() , stop() before navigate to the new page.
2. IE8 Environment - Init() method will throws an InterruptedException.
1. I tried searching for documentation for the above behavior but was unable to find any, can any kind souls help?
2. How do I achieve the behavior in IE6 env in the IE8 env? ie. ensure that the applet is successfully executed before allow it to be interrupted.
Edited by: user4546295 on Feb 26, 2013 1:42 AM