This discussion is archived
1 Reply Latest reply: Feb 26, 2013 8:58 AM by riedelme RSS

Using the same page for update and insert

inka Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hello All,

I have a page that was created by using an interactive report. The report lists values and these values are links. When I click on the link it takes me to the page where the data is displayed for the particular item. The report page also has a button that alow the user to enter new item. However, when I click on that button I get an error message:

ORA-01403: no data found

I am using APEX 4.2 and Oracle 11g.

How can I fix it?
  • 1. Re: Using the same page for update and insert
    riedelme Expert
    Currently Being Moderated
    inka wrote:
    Hello All,

I have a page that was created by using an interactive report. The report lists values and these values are links. When I click on the link it takes me to the page where the data is displayed for the particular item. The report page also has a button that alow the user to enter new item. However, when I click on that button I get an error message:

ORA-01403: no data found

I am using APEX 4.2 and Oracle 11g.

How can I fix it?
    How are you processing the insert/update? Manually with a validation or automatically through generated routines?

If you are manually doing the insert or update you can link the request to the validation and perform an insert when an insert button is pressed or an update when an update button is pressed. Or use one routine and perform a MERGE.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points