This content has been marked as final. Show 2 replies
VTech wrote:You only need one of these (the second one should suffice).
I have a Windows 7 Enterprise 64bit SP1 system and I wanted to be able to connect to an oracle database server. However, I am facing a problem with ODBC configuration.
I have currently installed both below in ... product\11.2.0\client_1 folder:
1. Oracle Database 11g Release 2 Client (188.8.131.52.0) for Microsoft Windows (x64) - http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/database/windows/downloads/index-090165.html
2. 64-bit Oracle Data Access Components (ODAC) - http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/database/windows/downloads/index-090165.html
I launched ODBC Data Source Administrator and added a User DSN but resulted to two errors:"Microsoft ODBC for Oracle" is a different provider than "Oracle ODBC". Make sure you're not using the Microsoft one.
1. The setup routines for the Microsoft ODBC for oracle ODBC driver could not be found. Please reintall the driver.
2. The specified DSN contains an architecture mismatch between the driver and application.This can happen if you're mixing 32-bit and 64-bit. There's two ODBC control panels in Windows 7:
- the 64 bit one is the one in control panel
- the 32 bit one is c:\windows\syswow64\odbcad32.exe
Since you're using a 64 bit Oracle driver, you should be using the 64 bit ODBC administrator, and 64 bit applications. If you're trying to use this ODBC connection with a 32 bit application, you'll need to use the 32 bit ODBC (and the 32 bit Oracle driver).
On top of that, if I go to System DSN tab, and tried to test the connection it give me an error:Well that actually means it's loading Oracle correctly, so that's something. You need to add an entry for the server you want to connect to into tnsnames.ora, located in the \network\admin folder inside of your Oracle client installation. Since it sounds like someone else set up the server you want to connect to, your DBA should be able to provide the information that goes into the file.
1. Unable to connect SQLState = 08004 [Oracle][ODBC][Ora]ORA-12154: TNS: Could not resolved the identifier specified.