This content has been marked as final. Show 7 replies
Just in case you able to import you may not achieve what you are expecting since BI services doesn't have data its own. It would be as good as ODBC client from BI.
May I know the database name and OS?
You may go for manual stored procedures or control files to extract data and insert in any major database, from there you might go for ETL for your business logic.
Edited by: Srini VEERAVALLI on Feb 26, 2013 4:04 PM
The database is MySQL and the OS is IBM AIX 5.3
BTW: Once you install the MySQL then go for installation of Informatica this would pick odbc drivers
Edited by: Srini VEERAVALLI on Feb 26, 2013 4:51 PM
Thanks, unfortunately those aren't options for us.
Here is where we are with our current approach:
1. Have MySQL tables mapped as source in RPD
2. Have MySQL tables exposed in Presentation Layer
3. Can run answers query against MySQL data
1. In Source Analyzer select Import Tables
2. Select Oracle BI Server as ODBC data source
3. Enter Connection Information
4. Use Admin Username and PW to connect
When I view the list of selected tables have two problems:
(1) The table names used are ones used in the Presentation Description (ex: - Account or - Account Address) which when selected does not match the physical name and causes an issue.
(2) The selected table list displays the presentation names for all of my Oracle imported tables but I do not see in this list the MySQL tables
Any help getting both 1 and 2 resolved would be appreciated.
Were able to get all of the MySQL tables to appear by selecting the "Show Owners" all button/tab
Still have the issue that when Informatica tries to import the data it is using the Presentation table names and not the physical table names which is causing an issue.
I have not tried this setup as I am currently looking for a generic ODBC driver, but hope this might help you. When BI Server itself is set up as a datasource, you got to have logical foreign key mappings in the BMM layer, instead of logical joins in BMM.
Could you create a logical foreign key relationship in your BMM and see if this works?
Hope this helps.