This discussion is archived
4 Replies Latest reply: Mar 4, 2013 1:24 PM by Brandye Barrington RSS

old timer

jgarry Guru
Currently Being Moderated
I was certified a long time ago. What exactly do I have to do to get on certview? I may have tried to upgrade a few years ago but gave up.
  • 1. Re: old timer
    matthew_morris Expert
    Other than going to the link below and attempting, I don't know a great deal to suggest without a specfic problem:

https://education.oracle.com/pls/eval-eddap-dcd/ocp_interface.ocp_candidate_login?p_include=Y&p_org_id=1001&p_lang=US

If you've taken a Pearson Vue test and have your testing ID, you'll need that.

If you have problems, open an SR and work with them until they are fixed. I was first certified in 1998, but didn't get my Certview account until about two years ago. I vaguely recall a bumpy process that took a couple of days to resolve.
  • 2. Re: old timer
    bigdelboy Pro
    Key answer is given here in hte help center .... its a top question: It currently says:

How do I sign in to CertView? Close

The first time you access CertView, you will need to authenticate your account, you will be prompted to do so
    You will need the Oracle Testing ID and email address from your Pearson VUE profile to authenticate your CertView account. If you have recently created or updated your Pearson VUE account, please allow 48 hours for the data to transfer to CertView before trying to authenticate your CertView account.
    If you have difficulty authenticating your CertView account, your account will be referred for manual authentication after 3 failed authentication attempts. Within 3 business days, you will receive an email with confirmation of your authentication.

https://education.oracle.com/pls/web_prod-plq-dad/db_pages.getpage?page_id=459

That essentially means you needs to sign up for a Pearson VUE account ... when you do so remember to say you have tested with oracle before ... and most ideally give your Prometric Id. number. ( Or you may even be in pre-prometric days .... )

If that fails you will get a new oracle testing number ... and then would need merge to see previous exam/certification. More painful.
  • 3. Re: old timer
    jgarry Guru
    Ah thanks, I missed that. After two failed tries, I bailed, having a vague memory of trying that manual process when the Pearson thing first started, with no joy.
  • 4. Re: old timer
    Brandye Barrington Expert
    I'd suggest first going to pearsonvue.com/oracle and creating your web account, using your Oracle Testing ID (Prometric ID) if you still have it. If Pearson VUE assigns you a new ID for any reason, call them right away to get the old ID and new ID merged (pearsonvue.com/oracle/idmerge). Wait 24 hours and go to certview.oracle.com, using the Oracle Testing ID and Email Address in your Pearson VUE account, to authenticate.

If you get a message that the info you entered was not correct and the system was unable to authenticate, give it 2 more tries. After your 3rd failed attempt, your account will be referred to our support team for manual processing, and they will be able to assist.

Regards,
    Brandye Barrington
    Certification Forum Moderator

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points