This discussion is archived
10 Replies Latest reply: Feb 27, 2013 4:11 PM by jgarry RSS

How to format your post in here?

jmft2012 Explorer
Currently Being Moderated
Try to figure out, but cannot.
please help.
I do not want to post a tkprof output and you will have a hard time to read it,
  • 1. Re: How to format your post in here?
    Srini Chavali-Oracle Oracle ACE Director
    Check the FAQ - link on top right

HTH
    Srini
  • 2. Re: How to format your post in here?
    sb92075 Guru
    How do I ask a question on the forums?
    SQL and PL/SQL FAQ

scroll down to #9

Handle:     IDM99
    Status Level:     Explorer (65)
    Total Posts:     273
    Total Questions:     60 (46 unresolved)

slow learner?
  • 3. Re: How to format your post in here?
    rp0428 Guru
    >
    Try to figure out, but cannot.
    please help.
    I do not want to post a tkprof output and you will have a hard time to read it,
    >
    Add \
     on a line before any code and again on a line by itself after any code to preserve formatting.

Use the 'Preview' tab in the reply window to see how your post will look. Correct anything before you select 'Post Message'.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            
  • 4. Re: How to format your post in here?
    jmft2012 Explorer
    sb92075 wrote:
    How do I ask a question on the forums?
    SQL and PL/SQL FAQ

scroll down to #9

Handle:     IDM99
    Status Level:     Explorer (65)
    Total Posts:     273
    Total Questions:     60 (46 unresolved)

slow learner?
    Not sure what you meant? ;)
    before I did not need to format the posts, now i want to post query with a tkprof output -- which better get formatted.
  • 5. Re: How to format your post in here?
    rp0428 Guru
    >
    Total Questions: 60 (46 unresolved)
    >
    It's a comment that of your 60 questions there are still 46 of them that you have NOT marked ANSWERED.

Many/most volunteers try to find unanswered questions to help with. It is very frustrating to start reading a long post that you want to help with only to find out that the people responding appear to have answered the question except the person asking the question never marked it as ANSWERED.

That wastes everyones time that could be spent helping people that actually have unanswered questions.

The other problem is that anyone with the same problem may not find the answer they want because they find your questions and see some of the answers but because you didn't actually mark the question ANSWERED they don't think it can help them. That wastes their time.

Please take the time to revisit your 46 unresolved questions and mark them ANSWERED as appropriate. You can find them by using the 'Your Control Panel' link at the top right of the page.
  • 6. Re: How to format your post in here?
    jmft2012 Explorer
    rp0428 wrote:
    >
    Total Questions: 60 (46 unresolved)
    >
    It's a comment that of your 60 questions there are still 46 of them that you have NOT marked ANSWERED.

Many/most volunteers try to find unanswered questions to help with. It is very frustrating to start reading a long post that you want to help with only to find out that the people responding appear to have answered the question except the person asking the question never marked it as ANSWERED.

That wastes everyones time that could be spent helping people that actually have unanswered questions.

The other problem is that anyone with the same problem may not find the answer they want because they find your questions and see some of the answers but because you didn't actually mark the question ANSWERED they don't think it can help them. That wastes their time.

Please take the time to revisit your 46 unresolved questions and mark them ANSWERED as appropriate. You can find them by using the 'Your Control Panel' link at the top right of the page.
    I tried to review for all my post from "Your Control Panel', only shown the recent post , then tried to search with my id IDM99, found nothing.
  • 7. Re: How to format your post in here?
    rp0428 Guru
    When you open your control panel there is now a link at the top right 'Your Questions'.

That will display all of your unresolved questions.
  • 8. Re: How to format your post in here?
    jmft2012 Explorer
    went all over. now 25 unanswered.
  • 9. Re: How to format your post in here?
    rp0428 Guru
    Thanks. But if you are still needing answers to those old questions you need to add another reply to them to bump them to the top of the list so people will see them. No one will notice an unaswered thread that is three years old.
  • 10. Re: How to format your post in here?
    jgarry Guru
    You need to search for your userid 731498

You can see that as the default if you click on "search for all user messages" from your control panel.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points