This discussion is archived
1 Reply Latest reply: Feb 28, 2013 1:19 PM by 989618 RSS

Weblogic Handler Chain - ClassNotFoundException

989618 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Weblogic 10.3.6:

I am having an issue with handler chains called from my servlet. I know it correctly finds the config file (handler.xml) because it searches out a handler class and fails with a ClassNotFoundException. The class is clearly there in the WEB-INF/classes directory. These folks had the exact same issue and never received a response:

HandlerChain in Weblogic 10.3, ClassNotFoundEx
https://kr.forums.oracle.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=2134963

The weird thing is, if I move the class it supposedly can't find to a different folder (making the package path wrong) and then point my handler.xml to that new location, I instead get a java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com.*badFolder*.MyHandler (wrong name: com/ correctFolder /MyHandler). So it is abundantly clear it is finding the class!

Any ideas?

--S                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       
  • 1. Re: Weblogic Handler Chain - ClassNotFoundException
    989618 Newbie
    Currently Being Moderated
    As per usual we found the answer not long after posting here. ClassNotFoundException is kind of a red herring. It is not an accurate representation of the error that occurs. The reality is that our constructor made a call that threw an exception but that exception didn't bubble up to the weblogic log, instead giving ClassNotFoundException.

--S                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points