This discussion is archived
4 Replies Latest reply: Mar 11, 2013 5:33 AM by Andrey Goryunov RSS

input variables definition in jobType

Andrey Goryunov Explorer
Currently Being Moderated
Hello,

I am trying to develop new job Type to perform transport of tablespaces
and would like to define input variables that can be chosen as oracle_database type
for source and target databases.
I do not think adding targets to the job will satisfy it since as far as I understood
there is no control in the index value of added targets to the job so I won't be
able to identify which db was source and which destination.

I was able to define input boxes for variables but they just text boxes where I should
insert some value, however I would prefer to choose target from selection list

It would be nice if it can be defined as steps before job submit to provide source and destination
targets for the job.

Could you please help me to figure out how to do it and/or might be point to docs/examples
where it is shown

Thanks,
Andrey
  • 1. Re: input variables definition in jobType
    ashugupt Newbie
    Andray, can you please help us provide more context on this? Are you developing job type as part of metadata plugin since end-user apis are not available to create new job type.

Based on context we can provide appropriate guide to help you define job type based on your requirement.
  • 2. Re: input variables definition in jobType
    Andrey Goryunov Explorer
    Hi,
    I would like to develop job type which will perform some SQL and OS commands for certain
    partition which should be transported to the new database on another server

I am trying to define input type for source and target databases that it could have been
    selected from the list of available (in EM) oracle databases, rather than simply typing all the names
    in text boxes
  • 3. Re: input variables definition in jobType
    ashugupt Newbie
    Hi Andray,

This is "single-execution-multiple-target" mode and default UI does not support this option since you want to select source and destination targets for same job execution.

You may look at Multi-Task job type option to implement what you are looking for

- Go to Job Activity page, in create job lis, select "Multi-Task" and click Go button
    - Provide Job name, and select "Different Target for different tasks" option for Targets
    - For each of the tasks in tasks tab, you can provide different targets for each task. You could have task1 that would run a SQLScript or RMANScript job and then you could have task2 that could run OSCommand job on a different target based on "successOf" or "failueOf" dependency.

Hope this helps.
  • 4. Re: input variables definition in jobType
    Andrey Goryunov Explorer
    One of the reason I consider development of job Type is the possibility
    to use defined variables within the type.
    They can be defined in the job type and further used for SQL and OS commands

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points