4 Replies Latest reply: Mar 1, 2013 11:15 PM by Soory RSS

Installation of patch "118833-36"

scampsd
      Good afternoon,
      I am trying to install an application platform above my Solaris 10, but this fails due to the fact that patch "118833-36" seems not to be installed.

Does anybody know where I can find this patch, because I seem not to have it in my installation procedure?

What I do have, are some files "118833.preinstall" and "118833.postinstall", but as there seems not to be any "lsof" in my "/etc/system" file, this "118833.preinstall" seems not to work.

Thanks in advance
      Dominique
        • 1. Re: Installation of patch "118833-36"
          To the best of my understanding, the only legitimate source of patches is by means of a MOS logon.

If that patch level is indeed not installed, you may be able to get the equivalent revision level by doing what might be considered an over-the-top upgrade to your Solaris environment. Install a newer Solaris 10.

In the mean time, what do you see if you do a:
          <pre>showrev -p | grep 118833</pre>

Edit:
          ... not sure but there may be differing output for that command as root user versus non-root user.

Edited by: rukbat on Feb 28, 2013 9:07 AM
          • 2. Re: Installation of patch "118833-36"
            AFAIK that is an old kernel patch. Before you install the patch read the README
            because there is a special installation instruction ( I think you have to install the patch twice or so )

Heinz
            • 3. Re: Installation of patch "118833-36"
              scampsd
              Hello again,
              I have verified which version of that patch is currently on my system, and it seems to be version 17:
              # showrev -p | grep "118833"
              Patch: 118833-17 ...
              Does anobody know what I can do in order to retrieve patch version 36?
              Thanks
              Dominique
              • 4. Re: Installation of patch "118833-36"
                Soory
                To retrieve patch you should have Oracle support contract.