This discussion is archived
3 Replies Latest reply: Feb 28, 2013 10:55 AM by rukbat RSS

I have a stupid question

993992 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Not sure if this is the right forum.
Is there an easier way to Enable/Disable Java content in the browser, than by going into the control panel, then clicking on the Java Control Panel, then going to the Security tab?
Does someone know of a one click solution?
I have Windows 7.
Please advise and thanks.
  • 1. Re: I have a stupid question
    rukbat Guru Moderator
    990989 wrote:
    Not sure if this is the right forum.
    Not particularly.
    This entire forum site is for programming using the Java language and not for end-user issues.
    Is there an easier way to Enable/Disable Java content in the browser, than by going into the control panel, then clicking on the Java Control Panel, then going to the Security tab?
    Does someone know of a one click solution?
    I have Windows 7.
    Please advise and thanks.
    I use Firefox as my preferred browser.
    I installed a plugin named NoScript which seems to disable EVERYTHING "Java" by default.
    You manually enable as-you-go, on a site by site basis, either temporarily or permanently, to teach the plugin what your preferences might be.

Start here:
    https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/

... and I would have thought that a Google search on something like "browser enable disable java" would have presented you with much the same sort of information, with something like 12.5 million search results.
  • 2. Re: I have a stupid question
    gimbal2 Guru
    Thats hardly a one-click solution, you fail to match the strict requirements :)
  • 3. Re: I have a stupid question
    rukbat Guru Moderator
    gimbal2 wrote:
    Thats hardly a one-click solution, you fail to match the strict requirements :)
    I know.
    12.5 million search results also means 12.5 million clicks toward a resolution of the original question.
    :)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points