This discussion is archived
3 Replies Latest reply: Mar 4, 2013 10:54 AM by Howard (... in Training) RSS

Date-picker

vkava Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi, I am using APEX 3.2.1 and I am having a issue with the date picker I'm moving the value of the date picker from page "1" to page "2" but I don't know how the value in the receiving item change
to the current date I've been looking for any processes or something that interfere in both pages but it is a clean branching from one page to another and the reciving value still changing to today's date instead of the value that was selected in the date picker.
  • 1. Re: Date-picker
    Howard (... in Training) Pro
    vkava,

Are you still having a problem with this? Have you successfully passed other page items between pages? So then, is it just this one date picker item that's not working?

Howard
  • 2. Re: Date-picker
    vkava Newbie
    Yes, Im still having this problem, I have not found a solution for this, but what I did was to make the insertion from page "2" without pasing the value, so my insert will
    be like columnx=:itemfrompage1.
  • 3. Re: Date-picker
    Howard (... in Training) Pro
    Hello again,

I got an example to work -- but I had to do 2 things. (I would have have preferred 1 simple thing but haven't found that way yet.)

1) Create a Submit button to submit the page. Otherwise, my date picker value was not saved in the session. That seems to be a requirement for using it on another page.
    2) Create and After Process Branch from, say, page 2 to page 3. Select P2_DATE_PICKER item as the source and &P3_DATE PICKER_DISPLAY. (not ampersand and period!) as the target.

That worked for me. When I pressed Submit, it branched after the values were submitted.

Howard

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points