This discussion is archived
3 Replies Latest reply: Feb 28, 2013 9:43 PM by 978204 RSS

What 'item type' do I use to add action to SCHEDULER CHAIN folder?

978204 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
I am using SQL Developer version 3.1.06.82

I would like to add a User Defined Extension to a Scheduler CHAIN. I am looking through the Namespace for Version 3.1 at: http://www.oracle.com/webfolder/technetwork/sqldeveloper/3_1/dialogs/index.html. Under the COMMON OBJECT TYPES, I do not see any of the Scheduler items. I was able to use <item type="SCHEDULER"> to add an action to the SCHEDULER folder, but what I really want to do is add an action to a CHAIN.

Does anyone know what type name to use??
Has the Namespace been updated and published somewhere else?

If you have an example, it would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by: 975201 on Feb 28, 2013 8:24 PM
  • 1. Re: User Defined Extension for Scheduler Chain
    Gary Graham Expert
    Hi,

A search through your SQL Developer installation's jar files should reveal some filenames of the form: sch*.xml.

Possibly SCHCHAIN? Other object types under the Scheduler category (folder) also are prefixed with SCH.

Best Wishes,
    Gary
  • 2. Re: User Defined Extension for Scheduler Chain
    rp0428 Guru
    >
    I would like to add a User Defined Extension to a Scheduler CHAIN. I am looking through the Namespace for Version 3.1 at: http://www.oracle.com/webfolder/technetwork/sqldeveloper/3_1/dialogs/index.html. Under the COMMON OBJECT TYPES, I do not see any of the Scheduler items. I was able to use <item type="SCHEDULER"> to add an action to the SCHEDULER folder, but what I really want to do is add an action to a CHAIN.
    >
    Those COMMON OBJECT TYPES are database schema objects so SCHEDULER or CHAIN would not be in those lists.

Did you try "CHAIN" or "SCHEDULER CHAIN"?

I suggest you change your thread subject to match your question and maybe one of the developer team members will notice it.

For example: What 'item type' do I use to add action to SCHEDULER CHAIN folder?
  • 3. Re: User Defined Extension for Scheduler Chain
    978204 Newbie
    SCHCHAIN is it! Thank you so much.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points