This discussion is archived
6 Replies Latest reply: Mar 20, 2013 11:13 AM by user13439586 RSS

Inbound Flat File over AS2 channel

user13439586 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi B2B gurus,

How do I test an inbound flat file over AS2 channel? I have a custom document definition configured to accept flat file based on start and end position. I created an agreement with AS2 identifier on the from partner. How do I unit test this configuration? I am posting the flat file to /b2b/httpreceiver, but in message reports it is showing the exchange protocol as 'Generic-HTTP' and not 'AS2' and it is failing to identify the from partner.

How do I test the inbound flat file over AS2 channel?

Thanks,
- Ramu
  • 1. Re: Inbound Flat File over AS2 channel
    Anuj Dwivedi Guru
    Hi Ramu,

To test your configuration, you need to have a AS2 client utility which can send messages over AS2. Best option will be to setup another domain where you can setup B2B to mock your trading partner and send messages from this mocking setup to your current B2B system over AS2. So you will have two B2B setups communicating with each other.

Regards,
    Anuj
  • 2. Re: Inbound Flat File over AS2 channel
    user13439586 Newbie
    Hi Anuj,

Thanks for the reply. Can you please elaborate/describe the steps how to create another B2B domain and use it to post messages over AS2 to another B2B partner domain.
    Thanks in advance.

Regards,
    Ramu
  • 3. Re: Inbound Flat File over AS2 channel
    Anuj Dwivedi Guru
    Ramu,

Please refer to the Quick start guide to understand that how to create a domain -

http://bit.ly/soasuitequickstartguide

You would have already created a domain for your current B2B. Just create another domain in same installation by following the same instructions. Make sure to create new set of schema's in DB for new domain.

Regards,
    Anuj
  • 4. Re: Inbound Flat File over AS2 channel
    user13439586 Newbie
    Hi Anuj,

Thanks for the detailed information. I have one more question.

My customer has the below requirement.

One of the remote trading partners (lets say a bank) wants to send a zip file which contains many image files (lets say .tiff files) and only one .xml file to the Customer hosted Oracle B2B over AS2. B2B has to write the zip file to a server location, unzip the file using a callout, check for the existence of .xml file and if .xml file exist call a URL using HTTP POST.

1) Is it possible for Oracle B2B to accept the zip file over AS2 and identify the sender?
    2) Can B2B unzip the file using callout? If so, which callout is preferred i.e. the callout at agreement level or the callout at channel level (transport callout)?
    3) Can B2B call a URL using HTTP POST if the zip file has the specific .xml file?

I found the below blog from A-team useful, but it is saying B2B can't identify the sender if files are sent over AS2. It can identify if files are sent using file or FTP channels only.

https://blogs.oracle.com/ateamsoab2b/entry/using_oracle_b2b_to_send

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
    Ramu
  • 5. Re: Inbound Flat File over AS2 channel
    Anuj Dwivedi Guru
    B2B has to write the zip file to a server location, unzip the file using a callout, check for the existence of .xml file and if .xml file exist call a URL using HTTP POST.
    Why you want to do all this at B2B layer? I think you should pass the zip file to the middleware and perform all processing there.
    1) Is it possible for Oracle B2B to accept the zip file over AS2 and identify the sender?
    Yes, please refer -

http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/middleware/b2b-integrations/learnmore/b2btn030b2bbinarytransfer-1648763.pdf
    2) Can B2B unzip the file using callout? If so, which callout is preferred i.e. the callout at agreement level or the callout at channel level (transport callout)?
    Yes, you may use agreement level java callout here.
    3) Can B2B call a URL using HTTP POST if the zip file has the specific .xml file?
    B2B won't do anything automatically. Either you post the message over HTTP using same java callout or create a new trading partner in B2B and push a message for that trading partner when XML file is found in the zip.

Regards,
    Anuj
  • 6. Re: Inbound Flat File over AS2 channel
    user13439586 Newbie
    Thanks Anuj.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points