3 Replies Latest reply: Mar 5, 2013 2:45 AM by bobonacus RSS

HTML in computation in Interactive Report

bobonacus
      Hi,
      I am trying to output some html in an Apex (v4.1.0.00.32) interactive report in a computation field but it just outputs the html
      How can I put something like a br tag or a non breaking space {noformat} {noformat}
      eg
       'AllTo: ' ||  J || '<br>Dev: ' ||  K
      Ok, code I want is in the image below

thanks
      Robert

Edited by: bobonacus on Mar 1, 2013 10:19 AM ... Ironically this forum uses the html!!
        • 1. Re: HTML in computation in Interactive Report
          riedelme
          bobonacus wrote:
          Hi,
          I am trying to output some html in an Apex (v4.1.0.00.32) interactive report in a computation field but it just outputs the html
          How can I put something like a br tag or a non breaking space {noformat} {noformat}
          eg
          'AllTo: ' ||  J || '<br>Dev: ' ||  K
          Ok, code I want is in the image below

thanks
          Robert

Edited by: bobonacus on Mar 1, 2013 10:19 AM ... Ironically this forum uses the html!!
          I do not understand what you are saying. Can you re-explain the problem with different words?
          • 2. Re: HTML in computation in Interactive Report
            TobiP
            Maybe he want to output the html in the report rendered in html.

So, try setting "display text as" to "Standard report column". That renders the html.
            • 3. Re: HTML in computation in Interactive Report
              bobonacus
              In an interactive report you can create your own computation

In that computation I want to add html code and have it output as html and not have apex escape the code

There is no option on the computation to set it to standard report column like in the actual report design

I want to add &lt;br&gt; tags to my computation to force a new line, but when rendering the computation apex escapes the html code so I get &lt;br&gt; rendered rather than a new line