1 2 Previous Next 18 Replies Latest reply: Mar 7, 2013 2:23 PM by mseberg Go to original post RSS
      • 15. Re: Weird db_recovery_file_dest_size issue
        CKPT wrote:
        However you just have to ensure, there is full backup recently. If you confused from RMAN prompt. You can use below SQL script to check when you took last INC0 backups.
        But why still the status is "AVIALBLE" for the old backups? what is the retention policy/window you set?
        Thank you for the code. I will try it when I am back at work. I set the retention policy to 5 days. Before I did that, it was set to 7 days.
        • 16. Re: Weird db_recovery_file_dest_size issue
          EdStevens
          893968 wrote:
          CKPT wrote:
          However you just have to ensure, there is full backup recently. If you confused from RMAN prompt. You can use below SQL script to check when you took last INC0 backups.
          But why still the status is "AVIALBLE" for the old backups? what is the retention policy/window you set?
          Thank you for the code. I will try it when I am back at work. I set the retention policy to 5 days. Before I did that, it was set to 7 days.
          Also, before starting rman, it helps to set the OS nls_date_format to include the time component. Then when rman reports (list) the backups, it will tell you the day and time of the backup.
          • 17. Re: Weird db_recovery_file_dest_size issue
            I ran the aforementioned code (to check backup_type, incremental_level, etc.) and received 3 records. One of backup_type "D" (full) which is from Feb 28th, and two of backup_type "L" which are from Feb 28th and Mar 1st. All have status of "A" and no incremental_level.

So...again, it appears safe to say that I can delete BS1, BS2, and BS3...correct?

I'm confused because I'm not certain why they aren't being deleted, so I just want to make sure everything is all right before I do the deed.

Thanks!
            • 18. Re: Weird db_recovery_file_dest_size issue
              mseberg
              Hello;

Your asked :
              So...again, it appears safe to say that I can delete BS1, BS2, and BS3...correct?
              Yes. I reread all of the posts in this thread and these are safe to delete.

But if this has not changed I would consider a full or Level 0 backup.
              BS1, 2.37G in size, 61 "Archived Logs" within. Next Times run from Dec 14, 2012 to Jan 2, 2013. Status is AVAILABLE.
              BS2, 2.37G in size, 61 "Archived Logs" within. Next Times run from Jan 2, 2013 to Jan 20, 2013. Status is AVAILABLE.
              BS3, 2.38G in size, 61 "Archived Logs" within. Next Times run from Jan 20, 2013 to Feb 10, 2013. Status is AVAILABLE.
              BS4, 2.30G in size, 61 "Archived Logs" within. Next Times run from Feb 10, 2013 to Feb 28, 2013. Status is AVAILABLE.
              BS5, 1.91M in size, 2 "Archived Logs" within. Next Times run from Feb 28, 2013 to Feb 28, 2013. Status is AVAILABLE
              BS6, 1.40G in size, Type: FULL. It lists 8 datafiles, all with Ckp Times of Feb 28, 2013. Status is AVAILABLE.
              BS7, 10.11M in size, Type: FULL. This is a control file backup. Ckp Time of Feb 28, 2013. Status is AVAILABLE.
              BS8, 44.00K in size, 1 "Archived Logs" within. Next Time from Feb 28, 2013. Status is AVAILABLE.
              BS9, 120.14M in size, 1 "Archived Logs" within. Next Times run from Feb 28, 2013 to present. Status is AVAILABLE.
              Best Regards

mseberg
              1 2 Previous Next