1 Reply Latest reply: Mar 6, 2013 3:25 AM by René van Wijk RSS

WebLogic 10.3.4.0 Monitoring Dashboard question

gibbsworadba
      I'm using the monitoring dashboard that is available with the WebLogic Admin Console. I started the monitoring on one of my managed servers within the monitoring dashboard. I see a panel called: "<jdbc-connection-name> Prepared Statement Cache". Miss Count sounds bad to me, bad for performance I mean, do you agree? I've modified the statement cache value for the JDBC connection I'm viewing, but nothing I do changes the output in the panel called: "<jdbc-connection-name> Prepared Statement Cache".

I'm not clear on the meaning of "Current Size", "Hit Count", and "Miss Count" either, any help or direction is appreciated.
        • 1. Re: WebLogic 10.3.4.0 Monitoring Dashboard question
          René van Wijk
          http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E12839_01/apirefs.1111/e13951/mbeans/JDBCDataSourceRuntimeMBean.html

PrepStmtCacheAccessCount - The cumulative, running count of the number of times that the statement cache was accessed.
          PrepStmtCacheAddCount - The cumulative, running count of the number of statements added to the statement cache. Each connection in the connection pool has its own cache of statements. This number is the sum of the number of statements added to the caches for all connections in the connection pool.
          PrepStmtCacheCurrentSize - The number of prepared and callable statements currently cached in the statement cache. Each connection in the connection pool has its own cache of statements. This number is the sum of the number of statements in the caches for all connections in the connection pool.
          PrepStmtCacheDeleteCount - The cumulative, running count of statements discarded from the cache. Each connection in the connection pool has its own cache of statements. This number is the sum of the number of statements that were discarded from the caches for all connections in the connection pool.
          PrepStmtCacheHitCount - The cumulative, running count of the number of times that statements from the cache were used.
          PrepStmtCacheMissCount - The number of times that a statement request could not be satisfied with a statement from the cache.