2 Replies Latest reply: Mar 4, 2013 2:02 PM by BillW RSS

emctl reports Agent is Running but Not Ready

BillW
      Using the Enterpirse Manager 12c Upgrade Console and the 2-System method I am upgrading my OEM installation and have encountered an interesting problem.

The switchover appears to have been successful, everything appears in the 12c console. But the old (10g) agent shows a status of running bu not ready -

prod:/usr/local/oracle->./app/product/emagent/agent10g/bin/emctl sta>
      Oracle Enterprise Manager 10g Release 5 Grid Control 10.2.0.5.0.
      Copyright (c) 1996, 2009 Oracle Corporation. All rights reserved.
      ---------------------------------------------------------------
      Error-Data: The agent does not accept status requests sent to /emd/main.
      Content-Length: 0
      Server: Jetty(7.0.1.v20091125)

---------------------------------------------------------------
      Agent is Running but Not Ready

Attempting to stop the agent fails. I then stopped the 12c agent, attempted to stop the 10g agent and emctl reported that the agent is not running. So I restarted the 12c agent and again the 10g agent reports Running but Not Ready.

There appears to be some strangerelation between the two agents but I am unable to determine what. I have found a few reports of similar behavior by searching the web but nothing which seems to fit my situation. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
      Bill Wagman
        • 1. Re: emctl reports Agent is Running but Not Ready
          dba05
          Hi,

OEM12c support only 12c agents...
          11g and 10g agents can't communicate with 12c OMS
          • 2. Re: emctl reports Agent is Running but Not Ready
            BillW
            I understand that, apparently I was unclear in my post. When the 12c agent was running properly, using the 10g emctl reported that agent was running but not ready. What I learned from Oracle is -

After agent is upgraded to 12C and switch over is done and in the process the old 10G was been stopped automatically.
            When issuing emctl command from 10G home its actually trying to contact 12C agent using the emctl from 10G home and the confusion arises here.

There is apparently a bug which will be registered, Bug 16362122 - EMCTL SHOWS 10G AGENT IS RUNNING AFTER UPGRADE TO 12C AGENT.

Thanks.
            Bill Wagman