1 Reply Latest reply: Mar 4, 2013 8:44 AM by cdelahun RSS

JPA using TopLink and not Toplink Essential

Hi ,
      I am trying to use Toplink as a JPA provider with tomee. The problem i am facing is that i am not sure which jar i should be using.
      The way i see it is there are two projects right now Toplink and Top Link Essecntials. Toplink being oracle project and Toplink essential as a open source one.

in the persistence.xml i need to give a provider name
      like example :
      <provider>oracle.toplink.essentials.PersistenceProvider</provider>

The one thing i notice here is that that the class referred here is from TopLink essentials package.

What is the name of a class if i am just using toplink and not toplink essentials ? What is the provider class in Toplink ?

Also when i download the latest Toplink from the oracle website Toplink 12c and i look at all the jars downloaded I see these jar's downloaded

[oracle@localhost jlib]$ ls
      eclipselink.jar eclipselink-src.zip toplink-grid.jar toplink-grid-src.zip toplink.jar toplink-oc4j.jar toplink-src.zip

Which of these jar files consist of a class which is the provider for Toplink ?

Thanks
      Yatin
        • 1. Re: JPA using TopLink and not Toplink Essential
          cdelahun
          Please see http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/middleware/toplink/index-085257.html for information on TopLink JPA support.

So as of TopLink 11, you will need to use EclipseLink's org.eclipse.persistence.jpa.PersistenceProvider as the provider class for JPA support, which is in the eclipselink.jar.

Best Regards,
          Chris