2 Replies Latest reply: Mar 4, 2013 5:54 AM by user13129417 RSS

Oracle WLS deployments options

Hi all,
      I'm trying to figure out which is the best deployment option for my application: in the documentation I can read that 3 kind of deployments mode are available: stage, non stage and external stage however in the deployment screen I can read the following options:
      1) Use the defaults of target servers
      2) Copy files onto every target
      3) Make the application accessible to the following path ....

Now I'm trying to map these options with the 3 staging mode but I do miss something:
      Option (2) is obviously stage mode, Option (3) is non-stage mode (?) however what about if I want to use scripts to copy files for me on every target ? (external-staging mode)? Should I choose the Option 1 and define in every Managed Server to use external_stage mode ?

Thanks a lot
        • 1. Re: Oracle WLS deployments options
          René van Wijk
          You can just use the defaults (which also recommended, but not so clear from the console as the lines are kind of wrong).

"Use the defaults defined by the deployment's targets     
          Recommended selection."

"Copy this application onto every target for me     
          During deployment, the files will be copied automatically to the managed servers to which the application is targeted."

is not the recommended selection (as the admin console might make you think it is).

More information on application deployment can be found here: http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E24329_01/web.1211/e24443/toc.htm
          • 2. Re: Oracle WLS deployments options
            Thanks Renè, it's clear now.