3 Replies Latest reply: Mar 18, 2013 12:09 PM by Godis-Tei RSS

CAN I CONFIGURE ORACLE APPLICATION EXPRESS ON OUR WEBSITE?

Godis-Tei
      Hi Forum,
      The company I work with as the database manager has offices in six regions in my country. Our website address is www.panos-security.com. My objective now, is to develop a database system that will control information and reports at the head office. Can I configure APEX 11g 2.0 XE and link it to our website so that we can access information in the database from all the offices on the internet? If I can do it would any one help me with the code or script that would configure it, and how to do it? Or, is there any other directives that help me achieve my aim?

I shall be happy to get such assistance

Regards,

Godis-Tei
        • 1. Re: CAN I CONFIGURE ORACLE APPLICATION EXPRESS ON OUR WEBSITE?
          AndyPol
          Hi

You can connect apex with your current web page. But you have to give us more info. Where will be your apex server (in the same subnet like your current www server). What do you mean "... link it to our website ..". Link as subdomain or only link to apex or what ?

Regards
          • 2. Re: CAN I CONFIGURE ORACLE APPLICATION EXPRESS ON OUR WEBSITE?
            Godis-Tei
            Hi,
            Thanks for your expressed reply. My problem lies here.

1. Assuming my laptop is the APEX server where the application is installed. How can I connect it to the internet so that it can be accessible via the internet from a different computer anywhere? So that when even a workspace instance is requested from any of the offices it can be accessed at the head office and e-mail confirmation is sent to the end user. That is all I need.

2. Is there any special statement, code, or script that can configure such connection? I need expertise instruction that will help me solve the problem. Thanks for your usual assistance

Regards,

Godis-Tei
            • 3. Re: CAN I CONFIGURE ORACLE APPLICATION EXPRESS ON OUR WEBSITE?
              Godis-Tei
              Hi AndyPol,
              I have eagerly waiting for a reply on the help I need.

You can connect apex with your current web page. But you have to give us more info. Where will be your apex server (in the same subnet like your current www server).

I want it to be in my apex server (in my laptop) and access it via the internet on a different computer when my laptop is connected to the internet.

Please help me.

Godis-Tei