14 Replies Latest reply: Jun 25, 2013 1:27 AM by user9218312 RSS

Problems with enhanced retropay setup

igwe
      Hi everyone, I'm not sure why but my enhanced retropay setup is not working.
      This is what I've done:

a.) Enabled INCIDENT_REGISTER for my legislation (SA)
      b.) Made sure all triggers are working
      c.) Created a non recurring element, Basic Salary Retro
      d.) Created a recurring element Basic Salary
      e.) Attached my retro event group to Basic Salary element. Set as default component. Added start of time end of time, Basic Salary Retro as element
      f.) Run Payroll for January 2013
      g.) Made change to basic salary
      h.) Run Retropay enhanced pdf

At this point, there is no data in the report. Any ideas why? Please don't point me to the metalink I already tried there.
      Many Thanks,
      Igwe
        • 1. Re: Problems with enhanced retropay setup
          Sanjay Singh
          Hi Igwe,

Have you assigned the reference of your non-recurring arrear element in the main recurring element "retro Component" tab? as this step is missing in the steps mentioned by you below.

Thanks,
          Sanjay
          • 2. Re: Problems with enhanced retropay setup
            igwe
            Yes Sanjay, that is in step e. I didn't phrase it correctly. I'm just wondering why I cannot see the assignment in the retropay report but in pay_process_events table it is there
            • 3. Re: Problems with enhanced retropay setup
              Sanjay Singh
              Hi Igwe,

Its strange the steps mentioned by you is fine. Is your Basic element assiciate with salary Basis? If yes then please try the below steps and check.

1. Change Table Event Updates for PER_PAY_PROPOSALS table
              a.Navigate: Menu option > Other Definitions > Table Event Updates
              b.Query for PER_PAY_PROPOSALS in table name field
              Add Insert, Update & delete Event type for PROPOSED_SALARY_N column and change type DATE_EARNED

Also, Check the Table Event Updates for for the tables PAY_ELEMENT_ENTRIES_F and PAY_ELEMENT_ENTRY_VALUES_F exist for the Date_Earned Change type.

2. Manually Regenerate the Dynamic triggers again
              Unflag the enabled and generated flag for your dyanimc triggers and save
              Re flag the enabled generated flag and save

3.Check if all dynamic triggers for PAY_ELEMENT_ENTRIES_F, PAY_ELEMENT_ENTRY_VALUES_F and PER_PAY_PROPOSALS table exist for legislation and business group

Rerun the report.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,
              Sanjay
              • 4. Re: Problems with enhanced retropay setup
                igwe
                Unfortunately the instance I was working on has been cloned. will try again and get back. The only reason I am bothering with enhanced retropay is because I hear retropay by element will be discontinued in version 12.2. Not sure why.
                • 5. Re: Problems with enhanced retropay setup
                  Sanjay Singh
                  Hi Igwe,

Were you able to get your issues sorted based on the feedback? Please share the fix and the reason with all of that its helpful.

Thanks,
                  Sanjay
                  • 6. Re: Problems with enhanced retropay setup
                    igwe
                    Not yet Sanjay. Completing my setup tommorrow
                    • 7. Re: Problems with enhanced retropay setup
                      igwe
                      Hello Sanjay, thanks a lot for your patience. setup is complete now because there were two more database clones from the last time.
                      My question is, if I want to run the retropay enhanced report, what parameters do you suggest I use. Does it pick up retropay events for a periods less than the current date?
                      What I mean is, say I run Jan-2013 payroll (we are in march), then create a retro event in January. If I run enhanced retropay, will it pick up this information for the february run or will it only pick it up for the march (current month) run?
                      Many thanks
                      • 8. Re: Problems with enhanced retropay setup
                        Sanjay Singh
                        Hi Igwe,

Were you able to receive any output in the report. for the question raised the beauty of Enhance retro pay is that it will bring the change from the time its been done irespective of when the change was done. In your case if the change in value was done effective Jan and if you have define the group in such a way that this even is captured, then when you run for March it will bring arrear for both feb and march.

Please share your id and i will FWD you and oracle document which provide details on enhanced retropay.

Hope it helps.

Cheers,
                        Sanjay
                        • 9. Re: Problems with enhanced retropay setup
                          igwe
                          thanks a lot Sanjay, do you mean email id or is there maybe something I don't know about this forum
                          • 10. Re: Problems with enhanced retropay setup
                            igwe
                            Thanks a lot Sanjay. Got it working now after going through your document.
                            The error came because I did not link to payroll. So it seems elements should be linked to payrolls.
                            Many Thanks
                            • 11. Re: Problems with enhanced retropay setup
                              Sanjay Singh
                              Hi Igwe,

Good to know that the issue is resolved, can you please mark the responses which were helpful to you so that other too can benefit from it in future.

Thanks,
                              Sanjay
                              • 12. Re: Problems with enhanced retropay setup
                                mohammed_majid
                                Hi Sanjay

I am facing the problem in enhanced retropay.

All setup is complete. Retro notification reports shows the entries of assignment whose salaries i have changed. But when i run retro pay enhanced process it is not creating element entries while the retro element is linked with payroll too

Kindly help. I am in great urgency

Regards

Majid
                                • 13. Re: Problems with enhanced retropay setup
                                  user9218312

Dear Sanjay,

I am facing the same problem as Majid.

I could able to see the changes done in Pay_process_events table. After running the RetroNotification report, I am not seeing the data in retro_assignment and retro_entries table and report is blank.

Could you please help in thiis issue.

Thanks;

Regards,

Srikala.

• 14. Re: Problems with enhanced retropay setup
                                    user9218312

Dear Sanjay,

I have changed the salary in the Grade step placement screen and after running retronotification report, data was generated in above two tables.

Ran Retropay Enhanced program and payroll run but no results retro of changed data but new salary effected for the current period. No retro entries calculated for previous period...

Please help me Sir.

Thanks.

Regards,

Sri