I have to implement the following environment for Oracle E-Business environment:
1. T4-4 servers - 2 in number for Oracle Database - Solaris 11.1 with Solaris Cluster 4.1.
2. T4-2 servers - 2 in number as Application servers.
3. T4-2 servers - 2 in number as DMZ servers.
3. ZFS 7320 in Cluster mode.
At the DR site, there are two T4-2 servers for Application & DMZ and 1 T4-4 for Database with one ZFS 7320c.
All the servers also have 10G ports in addition to onboard Ethernet interfaces. There are no Fibre Channel HBA cards. There are two 72 port switches for 10 G for redundancy. Only the DMZ and application servers connect to the external network.
Considering the hardware infrastructure, can anyone please answer the following:
1. Should I use 10G interfaces for the public network on Oracle Solaris Cluster nodes or should I use on-board network interfaces while doing the Solaris Cluster 4.1 installation?
2. My concern is that If I use the 10G interface, I won't be able to use Oracle Dataguard for replication of Oracle Database at DR site. Please correct me if I am wrong.
I do not understand your concerns. Why do you think you cannot make use of the 10g interfaces once you have configured them for the cluster public network? Maybe I just do not see the correct networking diagram in my head....
Data Guard traffic will go through the public network, won't it?