12 Replies Latest reply: Mar 13, 2013 9:53 AM by user4383498 RSS

Fast Formula for choosing wrong Benefits option in SSHR - Need help

user4383498
      Hello:
      I need some help on fast formulas.
      The scenario is - if the benefits administrator(Core) or employee(SSHR) chooses a wrong option then they need to see an error message.
      Example -
      Correct choice: Medical EE+1,Dental EE+1
      Wrong choice – needs to see an error message: Medical EE + Two or more, Dental EE+1
      Please let me know.
      Thanks
      Kalpana
        • 1. Re: Fast Formula for choosing wrong Benefits option in SSHR - Need help
          Aneesh N
          Hi Kalpana,

Please refer "Oracle FastFormula (FF) Reference Guide for Standard (OSB) and Advanced Benefits (OAB) (Doc ID 218059.1)" section "Formula Type: Post Election".
          This should help you.

Regards,
          Aneesh N
          • 2. Re: Fast Formula for choosing wrong Benefits option in SSHR - Need help
            user4383498
            Thanks Aneesh. Will look at it and let you know how it works.
            • 3. Re: Fast Formula for choosing wrong Benefits option in SSHR - Need help
              user4383498
              Hello:
              If I choose a differ tier for Medical or Dental plan it works using the following fast formula.
              I attached it under Program enrollment Results - Post Election Edit Rule to the dental plan.
              When I try to change the tier for Medical from EE to EE+1, I get an error.
              "Row 1 Error - This enrollment result does not satisfy post-election edit rules.The options for Medical and Dental plans must be identical.."
              I should get the above error only when I choose the wrong tier for Dental.
              Any help on this would be appreciated.

/*=========== DATABASE ITEM DEFAULTS BEGIN ====================*/
              Default for BEN_PLN_NAME is 'Not Entered'
              Default for BEN_OPT_OPT_ID is -1
              Default for BEN_PIL_LF_EVT_OCRD_DT is '01-JAN-0001' (date)
              Default for SESSION_DATE is '02-JAN-0001' (date)
              Default for ASG_NUMBER is 'Not Entered'
              /*=========== DATABASE ITEM DEFAULTS ENDS======================*/
              /*=========== CALCULATION SECTION BEGIN =======================*/
              /* #001 Changes Begin */

l_plan = 'Medical Plan - Arrears Payroll'
              IF BEN_PLN_NAME = 'Medical Plan - Arrears Payroll' THEN
              l_plan = 'Dental Plan - Arrears Payroll'
              l_opt_id = get_plan_opt(SESSION_DATE
              ,ASG_NUMBER
              ,l_plan
              ,'DC'
              )

IF BEN_OPT_OPT_ID = l_opt_id THEN
              SUCCESSFUL = 'Y'
              ELSE
              (
              SUCCESSFUL = 'N'
              ERROR_MESSAGE = 'The options for Medical and Dental plans must be identical.'
              )
              RETURN SUCCESSFUL,ERROR_MESSAGE
              • 4. Re: Fast Formula for choosing wrong Benefits option in SSHR - Need help
                Aneesh N
                Hi,

In SS as well as in PUI, employee/Admin has to elect the plans from the same page/same form.
                How does it matter which plan & option are you changing...?
                All that should matter is at the end both of the plans should have options in Sync only right...?
                or am I missing something?

Regards,
                Aneesh N
                • 5. Re: Fast Formula for choosing wrong Benefits option in SSHR - Need help
                  user4383498
                  Aneesh:
                  You are correct.
                  Medical, Dental and Vision plans must have to be of the same tier.
                  Every Employee who has a Medical plan must have a dental plan. Sometimes they have the wrong tier or it is not elected.
                  Vision is optional.
                  I started out with the code just for Dental and it works fine.
                  The problem is when I try to change medical plan I get an error. It seems like it is not recognizing the change.
                  Thanks
                  • 6. Re: Fast Formula for choosing wrong Benefits option in SSHR - Need help
                    Aneesh N
                    Hi,

Where do you change the option for Medical...?
                    I guess from the same screen only you are supposed to change the Option for Dental also right...?
                    If its so, then system is working as expected.

Regards,
                    Aneesh N
                    • 7. Re: Fast Formula for choosing wrong Benefits option in SSHR - Need help
                      user4383498
                      I should get an error only when:
                      Scenario#1
                      I go in and employee has
                      Medical EE+1
                      Dental - not chosen yet
                      Vision - not chosen yet

When I try to change it to
                      Medical EE+1
                      Dental EE+2
                      Vision EE+2
                      The above scenario is when I should get an error and this works as expected with the attached fast formula.
                      -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Scenario#2
                      I go in and employee has
                      Medical EE+1
                      Dental EE+1
                      Vision EE+1.

When I try to change it to
                      Medical EE+2
                      Dental EE+2
                      Vision EE+2
                      I get an error.
                      I should not get this error since all of the plans are of the same tier level.

Hope I have explained that well. Let me know.
                      Thanks
                      Kalpana
                      • 8. Re: Fast Formula for choosing wrong Benefits option in SSHR - Need help
                        Aneesh N
                        Hi Kalpana,

Yes, the scenario is pretty clear to me now.
                        Your requirement is when the user changes the options from one to another (say EE to EE+1) in both the plans; then error should not be raised.

I think there are two flaws in your ff logic. May be wrong but review it once again.
                        1. I guess, a bracket is required for the first if.
                        2. Then for your case, I guess Medical is the base plan right...? so then why to evaluate when the Medical option is changing.

Tried some other logic as below NOT TESTED. Give a try and rate the post if it works.
                        Assumption: ff function get_plan_opt will return the opt_id by looking at the ben_prtt_enrt_rslt_f for the given plan and for the per_in_ler_id which is in started state.

/*=========== DATABASE ITEM DEFAULTS BEGIN ====================*/
                        Default for BEN_PLN_NAME is 'Not Entered'
                        Default for BEN_OPT_OPT_ID is -1
                        Default for BEN_PIL_LF_EVT_OCRD_DT is '01-JAN-0001' (date)
                        Default for SESSION_DATE is '02-JAN-0001' (date)
                        Default for ASG_NUMBER is 'Not Entered'
                        /*=========== DATABASE ITEM DEFAULTS ENDS======================*/
                        /*=========== CALCULATION SECTION BEGIN =======================*/
                        /* #001 Changes Begin */

l_opt_id = BEN_OPT_OPT_ID --Aneesh
                        l_plan = 'Medical Plan - Arrears Payroll' --Aneesh

/*If the rule is getting evaluated for Dental*/
                        IF BEN_PLN_NAME = 'Dental Plan - Arrears Payroll' THEN --Aneesh
                        (
                        /*Get the opt_id of the medical*/
                        ,ASG_NUMBER
                        ,l_plan
                        ,'DC'
                        )
                        )

SUCCESSFUL = 'Y'
                        ELSE
                        (
                        SUCCESSFUL = 'N'
                        )

Regards,
                        Aneesh N
                        • 9. Re: Fast Formula for choosing wrong Benefits option in SSHR - Need help
                          Aneesh N
                          If the logic is still not working, follow the below note and debug the FF.
                          Support Recommended     Benefits FastFormula (FF) Troubleshooting Guide (Doc ID 296833.1)
                          • 10. Re: Fast Formula for choosing wrong Benefits option in SSHR - Need help
                            user4383498
                            The code works for changes to Dental plan. When I try to change vision instead of the vision error I get the dental error. When I try to add or delete any plans I get the error inside the ff. It seems like it is in a loop. Hope that makes sense. Let me know.

I used the following code for dental and vision:
                            l_opt_id = BEN_OPT_OPT_ID
                            l_plan = 'Medical Plan - Arrears Payroll'

/*If the rule is getting evaluated for Dental*/
                            IF BEN_PLN_NAME = 'Dental Plan - Arrears Payroll' THEN (
                            /*Get the opt_id of the medical*/
                            ,ASG_NUMBER
                            ,l_plan
                            ,'DC'
                            )
                            )

SUCCESSFUL = 'Y'
                            ELSE
                            (
                            SUCCESSFUL = 'N'
                            )

Edited by: user4383498 on Mar 12, 2013 2:42 PM
                            • 11. Re: Fast Formula for choosing wrong Benefits option in SSHR - Need help
                              Vinayaka Prabhu
                              Hi.

Try the following :

1. Write 1 formula that checks the options selected for medical, dental, vision and see if all three are same (if selections exist)
                              2. Provide a generic message to the user for the scenarios with the names of the actual options selected... sample message :

Please select options with similar levels for medical, dental and vision. Current Selections are : Medical EE+1, Dental EE+2, Vision EE+1

3. Attach the formula to all the plans as you have done before.

This approach takes away the complexity of trying to find out the exact plan that the user is changing. Please note there are ways to make your formula bullet-proof but this may be a simpler approach, thats all.

Regards.
                              Vinayaka
                              • 12. Re: Fast Formula for choosing wrong Benefits option in SSHR - Need help
                                user4383498
                                User wants a error message - wherein the employee will be unable to make the wrong selection. Only if he chooses the correct tier he can move onto to the next page.
                                Thanks
                                Kalpana

Edited by: user4383498 on Mar 13, 2013 7:53 AM