3 Replies Latest reply: Mar 4, 2013 4:32 PM by CraigB RSS

Display field only

Jaffee2
      I have a display only fields that contain a concatenation of other fields from the screen. What trigger would I use to display the display only field?

:block1.TAS_DISPLAY_ONLY := :block1.ALLOC_XFER_AGENCY_ID ||:block1.BUREAU_CODE || :block1.BEGIN_AVAIL_DATE_DUMMY || :block1.END_AVAIL_DATE_DUMMY|| 
                                 :block1.AVAILABILITY_CODE || :block1.FUND_GROUP || :block1.SUFFIX; 

The :block1.TAS_DISPLAY_ONLY ; is the display only field. The fields appear on the screen. 
      Thanks.
        • 1. Re: Display field only
          Andreas Weiden
          Make your display-item a calculated item of type formula and put your concatenation into the formula-property, then there is no need for any trigger.
          • 2. Re: Display field only
            Jaffee2
            I tried to put the code in a formula as suggested. In the property of the field under calculation/formula, however is does not like the || concatenation symbol.

:block1.ALLOC_XFER_AGENCY_ID '||':block1.BUREAU_CODE '||':block1.BEGIN_AVAIL_DATE_DUMMY '|| ':block1.END_AVAIL_DATE_DUMMY '||' :block1.AVAILABILITY_CODE '||' :block1.FUND_GROUP '||' :block1.SUFFIX 
            • 3. Re: Display field only
              CraigB
              Remove the Quotation Marks from your formula code. This makes your concatenation operator a literal string instead of an operator.
              :block1.ALLOC_XFER_AGENCY_ID || :block1.BUREAU_CODE || :block1.BEGIN_AVAIL_DATE_DUMMY || :block1.END_AVAIL_DATE_DUMMY || :block1.AVAILABILITY_CODE || :block1.FUND_GROUP || :block1.SUFFIX
              Craig...