12 Replies Latest reply: Mar 5, 2013 9:56 AM by izzzooo RSS

Performance Problem

izzzooo
      Hi all,
      i am using 11.1.2.3 jdeveloper.I have main.jspx page and it is too big;popups,buttons,panels a lot of component in it.i want to reduce the page size because of the performance issue.

any idea?
        • 1. Re: Performance Problem
          Timo Hahn
          That's what task-flows are for. They allow you to build hte page in units of work which you than use as regions on your page.
          Check out http://download.oracle.com/otn_hosted_doc/jdeveloper/11gdemos/taskflow-overview-p1/taskflow-overview-p1.html and http://download.oracle.com/otn_hosted_doc/jdeveloper/11gdemos/taskflow-overview-p2/taskflow-overview-p2.html

Timo
          • 2. Re: Performance Problem
            izzzooo
            Also i have task flows for all popups but problem is different.The problem is main.jspx is too big i want to make it smaller.
            • 3. Re: Performance Problem
              Abhijit Dutta
              Hi,

i think its a design consideration. can you think of replacing some of the components to other pages to get rid of overload (oviously keeping the functionality intact). have you used tempalte also for the main page?

~Abhijit
              • 4. Re: Performance Problem
                izzzooo
                Hi Abhijit,
                i want to move some components to another page but this components generally menu components(menu bar,menu item...) because of this i have to show them at main page.I did not use template can you explain it more?

Izzet
                • 5. Re: Performance Problem
                  Abhijit Dutta
                  Hi,

Page templates let you define entire page layouts, including values for certain attributes of the page. refer this http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E23943_01/web.1111/b31973/af_reuse.htm#CACCFCJC

see this also http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/developer-tools/adf/learnmore/79-global-template-button-strategy-360139.pdf

you can move menu, menu bar components to the page template that will reduce the size of the main page.

~Abhijit

Edited by: Abhijit Dutta on Mar 5, 2013 5:19 PM
                  • 6. Re: Performance Problem
                    izzzooo
                    Thanks but it does not help me because my menuitems small amount of my code ,main point is regions,popups these components made main class is too big.
                    • 7. Re: Performance Problem
                      Abhijit Dutta
                      then in that case you have to plan accordingly to re-strructure your design. instead of keeping all the items in one page, replace some of them in other page also ( keeping the functional requirement intact).

~Abhijit
                      • 8. Re: Performance Problem
                        izzzooo
                        It is a very big application so i have many classes,many task flows... i separeted it small pieces but main page is still too big for better performance i want to move popups,regions to another class.

any idea?
                        • 9. Re: Performance Problem
                          jeremy_hull
                          You are using confusing terminology. When you say "class," are you talking about backing beans? Perhaps you have automatic binding turned on, which is not necessary. I have seen some very large webcenter pages, which I would assume are some of the largest. The ADF team has to meet certain performance requirements, so if you are having issues, it may just be a misunderstanding of how to build up a complex page. You may want to consider using composite components or facelets to reduce (and reuse!)
                          • 10. Re: Performance Problem
                            izzzooo
                            I think you did not read previous messages...

My first message : I have main.jspx page and it is too big;popups,buttons,panels a lot of component in it.i want to reduce the page size because of the performance issue.

Also there is no automatic binding.
                            • 11. Re: Performance Problem
                              jeremy_hull
                              " i separeted it small pieces but main page is still too big for better performance i want to move popups,regions to another class."

My answer stands; composite components or facelets are options you should explore. I was on the ADF View team, and I am certain that I have seen bigger pages than yours. What is your criteria for "too big?" Do you just want more maintainable source? Or is there some arbitrary limit that you are required to follow?
                              • 12. Re: Performance Problem
                                izzzooo
                                my main.jspx page have 2000 lines also i continue to developing application and i will make a lot of thing it will grow up more.After login operation directly this page comes so user wait for page to come,i want to reduce this time also the maintanence of code.