0 Replies Latest reply: Mar 5, 2013 11:43 AM by patfmnd RSS

Apex_authentication callback procedure

patfmnd
      Hi,
      We are close to successfully getting our CAS authentication integrated with Apex Listener 2.0 and Apex 4.2.1. We are using Weblogic app server for the Listener configurations and have been able to get the remote_user passed to Apex after login to CAS. We just set the header variable in the new 'HTTP Header Variable' authentication scheme. However there is a glitch at the callback from CAS -- we get the error 'wong number of types of arguments in call' and the URL shows: ..... /apex/apex_authentication.callback.

I see the documentation about this CALLBACK procedure, but am not sure how to set it to go back to the application. I know that CAS is working and passing the userid to the application because I can manually type in the app URL .... /apex/f?p=xxx and I immediately get into the application and the correct userid is identified --whereas initially when I hit the same application it sends me to our Central CAS server for login.  So I would appreciate any help with where the parameters of this procedure need to be set and how to set them.  I assume the procedure needs to be called by Weblogic?   I am hoping there is some way for the callback to find the original calling application so it doesn't have to be 'hard-coded'.  I see that one of the parameters is 'p_app_id'.  I think our Weblogic engineer was assuming the call to that procedure would 'take care' of the return to the original calling application but obviously we have missed some configuration.

Pat