2 Replies Latest reply: Mar 6, 2013 5:34 PM by user964802 RSS

JMS Queue XML: Elements with same name

user964802
      Hi

I notice that ODI does not do a good job of reverse-engineering JMS queue models where an element name is referenced in different parts of the schema.

For example:

root
      ..body
      ...consignment
      ....load
      .....event
      ....unload
      .....event
      etc

In the above, ODI will reverse-engineer the 'event' element under 'load', but not the one under 'unload'.

I don't have control over the xsd models and was therefore wondering if there is some sort of workaround I can perform in this scenario?

Cheers
        • 1. Re: JMS Queue XML: Elements with same name
          user964802
          Actually, I just found the following Oracle note sums this up: 757642.1

Is it possible to use the SAME ELEMENT as a SUB-ELEMENT in multiple DIFFERENT Elements of an XML File?
          If so, what is the impact of this approach on the reverse engineered Model and Datastores and how can Integration Interfaces be set up to map these identical ELEMENT for which the content is semantically different and as a result to be used differently in different Oracle Data Integrator (ODI) Integration Interfaces.

The following XML is a simple example in which the ITEM Element is logically set as a sub-element to three other XML Elements:

•Shoppinglist
          •GroceryStore
          •HardwareStore
          <Shoppinglist>
          <Item>ShoppingList</Item>
          <GroceryStore>
          <Item>Eggs</Item>
          <Item>Milk</Item>
          <Item>Bread</Item>
          </GroceryStore>
          <HardwareStore>
          <Item>Screwdriver</Item>
          <Item>Hammer</Item>
          <Item>Nails</Item>
          </HardwareStore>
          </Shoppinglist>Solution
          Such an approach must be avoided. This is a strict limitation of the ODI XML Driver.

See Bug:8563428 DUPLICATE SUBELEMENTS WITH DIFFERETNT TYPES ARE NOT SUPPORTED BY XML DRIVER
          • 2. Re: JMS Queue XML: Elements with same name
            user964802
            Update on this. I found the exact bug for my particular issue:

Bug 13080706 : ODI XML DRIVER SHOULD HANDLE DUPLICATE ELEMENTS