1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 6, 2013 10:03 PM by RickG

How I can import my DB from the standard DMP file to the Oracle Cloud?

I am testing the Oracle Cloud in a trial mode.. I have created the Oracle user and would like to restore my existing (non Oracle Cloud) database from the standard DMP file (import dmp). In all references that I could find (http://docs.oracle.com/cloud/CSDBU/develop.htm#BABIDEGE) and that was given to me by the Oracle Cloud support service I couldn't find the definite answer on a simple question: if I have a DMP file of my own database, can I and if yes, then how I can import this DMP file to my new Oracle Cloud database? I would be very thankful if you could give me some link on "step by step" instruction, if such exists. If there is no such a way, then what way should I use?
        • 1. Re: How I can import my DB from the standard DMP file to the Oracle Cloud?
          RickG
          Oleg -

Thanks for your interest in the Oracle Database Cloud. You cannot import a .dmp directly to your Database Cloud Service. You can, however, import the .dmp file to a local Oracle Database and use SQL Developer to move the loaded contents of the .dmp to your Cloud Service. This process is documented in the documentation and the white paper on data movement available as a resource on cloud.oracle.com.

Hope this helps.

- Rick Greenwald
          1 person found this helpful