This discussion is archived
7 Replies Latest reply: Mar 6, 2013 7:31 AM by matthew_morris RSS

Self test Software for 1ZO-053 exam

RAJITHA Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi,

im currently self studying for the 1ZO-053 exam and i want to find out what is best self test software I should get in order to prepare for the exams as there are quite a number of choices. if there's anybody who can point me in the correct direction would be greatful.

Regards
  • 1. Re: Self test Software for 1ZO-053 exam
    matthew_morris Expert
    The only two recommended vendors are Self-Test Software and Transcender. I wrote an article about practice tests for Oracle exams that talks about the differences between them and general recommendations on using practice tests to prepare for Oracle exams:

http://ezinearticles.com/?How-to-Use-Practice-Tests-Effectively-When-Studying-for-an-Oracle-Certification&id=7055777
  • 2. Re: Self test Software for 1ZO-053 exam
    RAJITHA Newbie
    Hi Mathew,

thanks for the reply I went through your thread, my strategy is for each topic in the exam first go through the book and then take the practise questions for that topic in the kaplan/transcender software. Then i can find my weak spots in each topic and this will speed up the process. I thought of following this process because when I was getting ready for my OCA exam it took a long time as I was not confident of whether I had grasped all the relevant concepts in each topic. I started using the selftest (kaplan) software only after going throug the whole book, then while using the prep kit I realized there were some concepts which the book(oracle press) had not covered comprehensively. mostly i used the prep kit in practise mode to my weaknesses therefore it helped in that way. what do you think about my strategy ?

P.S. this time im using the sybex book
  • 3. Re: Self test Software for 1ZO-053 exam
    matthew_morris Expert
    Your strategy sounds reasonable. I'm don't really like the phrase 'speed up the process'. Studying for a certification isn't a race. I would be much more comfortable if you had said "Then i can find my weak spots in each topic _that I need to study further_."

You can find additional (free) resources at the following link. It has links to articles on the Oracle Learning Library and other sites that contain information on the test topics.
    http://www.oraclecertificationprep.com/apex/f?p=OCPSG:EXAM_DETAILS:0::NO::P2_EXAM:1Z0-053
  • 4. Re: Self test Software for 1ZO-053 exam
    RAJITHA Newbie
    thanks mathew point taken.

I see that your site built on apex. I had also worked in APEX for the most of last year and loved it specially coding PL/SQL. :D
  • 5. Re: Self test Software for 1ZO-053 exam
    matthew_morris Expert
    I see that your site built on apex
    Yes. I've developed in several of Oracle's web-interfaces over the years, most of which are defunct (and should be) because Apex beats them all hands-down. It's great to be able to add additional articles, tests, books, etc. to my web site as I find them with just a few INSERT statements.
  • 6. Re: Self test Software for 1ZO-053 exam
    RAJITHA Newbie
    One other thing sorry in advance if I'm bothering you is there a PDF version of the book which I can pay and download
    Study Guide for 1Z0-053: Oracle Database 11g: Administration II (Oracle Certification Prep) by Matthew Morris (Jan 26, 2013)

As the shipping costs are higher than the book, as I'm in sri lanka and on a tight budget :)
  • 7. Re: Self test Software for 1ZO-053 exam
    matthew_morris Expert
    ...is there a PDF version of the book which I can pay and download
    There is a Kindle version on Amazon, but there is no PDF version available. If you don't have a Kindle, Amazon has a free Kindle Reader download for the PC that you can use to view it.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points