We have installed OBIEE 126.96.36.199 with OBIApps 188.8.131.52 and we are trying to apply the spanish localization .
We follow the steps mentioned here:
but "Externalize metadata strings" is not working properly.
We did the following:
- run the import metadata command succesfully (W_LOCALIZED_STRING_G table has the correct data).
- bounce the services
- Configure and test the "Externalized Metadata Strings" connection pool
but the translations does not appears.
We noted that there is a difference between our RPD and the steps in the guide:
The guide says:
+"To externalize metadata strings in the Oracle Business Intelligence repository+
+1.Stop the Oracle BI Server.+
+2.Using the Oracle BI Administration Tool in offline mode, open OracleBIAnalyticsApps.rpd.+
+3.Select the entire Presentation layer and right-click the mouse to display the menu.+
+*From the pop-up menu, select Externalize Display Names. (A check mark appears next to this option the next time you right-click on the Presentation layer.)*+
+Unselect the Presentation layer."+
But in the pop-up menu you can not mark "Externalize Display Names" because you have a sub-menu there: "Generate Custom Names, Disable Externalization and Clear All Externalization Stings"