This discussion is archived
1 Reply Latest reply: May 1, 2013 4:22 AM by eMarcel_01 RSS

weblogic server upgrade from 10.3.5 to 10.3.6

user13118348 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi everyone,

I am hoping someone can confirm or correct my steps for upgrading. Here is what I am trying to do :

1) Upgrade from Weblogic 10.3.5 to Weblogic 10.3.6 on a linux x86_64 bit environment
2) Upgrade from OFM WebTier utilities from 11.1.1.5 to 11.1.1.6

Here are my steps in the order I think they need to be:

1) First I need to upgrade weblogic to 10.3.6. The upgrade media that I need for upgrading to weblogic 10.3.6 is called "wls1036_upgrade_generic.jar". Please confirm.
2) I will run this jar file and go through the graphical steps to install weblogic 10.3.6.
3) Documentation states that I need to upgrade my nodemanager and weblogic domain and in that order.
4) Upgrade nodemanager using java webligic.Upgrade -type nodemanager under WLSHOME/common/nodemanager
5) Upgrade each domain using upgrade.sh under WL_HOME/common/bin

At this point, can someone please confirm that the above 5 steps are in correct order?

6) the media to upgrade web teir utilities is ofm_webtier_linux_11.1.1.6.0_64_disk1_1of1.zip or also named "p13516876_111160_Linux-x86-64.zip". Please confirm that media is correct
7) I will run ./installer and provide the current Middleware home and oracle home and it should upgrade web tier.

I have tried to follow the oracle documentation but it seems to point to other documents which point toother documents and on and on.

If someone have done this type of upgrade, the exact basic steps would be helpful.

Thanks again
  • 1. Re: weblogic server upgrade from 10.3.5 to 10.3.6
    eMarcel_01 Newbie
    Currently Being Moderated
    hi,

All steps seems to be fine. However I failed with the update. My Admin server doesn't start properly.

where did you find that steps?
    Upgrade nodemanager using java webligic.Upgrade -type nodemanager under WLSHOME/common/nodemanager
    5) Upgrade each domain using upgrade.sh under WL_HOME/common/bin

can you provide URL to documentation you have mentioned?

Cheers
    eMarcel.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points