2 Replies Latest reply: Mar 7, 2013 11:55 AM by SteveElkind RSS

File too large error unpacking War during app deploy - RHEL &WLS 10.3.5

SteveElkind
      I'm stumped and I'm hoping someone can help out here. Does anyone have any insights into the cause of my problem below, or tips on how to diagnose the cause?

scenario
      We ran into an open files limit issue on our RH Linux servers, and had the SA boost the our open files limit fro 1024 to 3096. This seems to have solved the open files limit issue, once we restarted the node managers and the managed servers (our WLS startup script sets the soft limit to the hard limit).

But now we've got a new issue, right after this change. The admin server is now no longer able to deploy and war/ear, as when I click on "Activate" after the install I get
      Message icon - Error An error occurred during activation of changes, please see the log for details.
      Message icon - Error Failed to load webapp: 'TemplateManagerAdmin-1.0-SNAPSHOT.war'
      Message icon - Error File too large
      on the console, and see the stack trace below in the Admin server log (nothing in the managed server logs) - indicating it's getting the error in exploding the war.

I've tried both default deployment mode, and the mode "will make the deployment available in the following location" where the war is manually copied to the same location on each box, available to each server - all with the same result. I've also tried restarting the admin server, but no luck.

The files are not overly large (<=34 MByte) and we had no trouble with them before today. I'm able to log in as the WebLogic user and copye files, etc. with no problem.

There is no disk space issue - plenty of space left on all of our filesystems. There is, as far as I can tell, no OS or user file size limit issue:
           -bash-3.2$ ulimit -a
           core file size (blocks, -c) 0
           data seg size (kbytes, -d) unlimited
           scheduling priority (-e) 0
           file size (blocks, -f) unlimited
           pending signals (-i) 73728
           max locked memory (kbytes, -l) 32
           max memory size (kbytes, -m) unlimited
           open files (-n) 3096
           pipe size (512 bytes, -p) 8
           POSIX message queues (bytes, -q) 819200
           real-time priority (-r) 0
           stack size (kbytes, -s) 10240
           cpu time (seconds, -t) unlimited
           max user processes (-u) unlimited
           virtual memory (kbytes, -v) unlimited
           file locks (-x) unlimited

environment
      WLS 10.3.5 64-bit
      Linux 64-bit RHEL 5.6
      Sun Hotspot 1.6.0_29 (64--bit)

stack trace
      ####<Mar 6, 2013 4:09:33 PM EST> <Error> <Console> <nj09mhm5111> <prp_appsvcs_admin> <[ACTIVE] ExecuteThread: '3' for queue: 'weblogic.kernel.Default (self-tuning)'> <steven_elkind> <> <> <1362604173724> <BEA-240003> <Console encountered the following error weblogic.application.ModuleException: Failed to load webapp: 'TemplateManagerAdmin-1.0-SNAPSHOT.war'
      at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppModule.prepare(WebAppModule.java:393)
      at weblogic.application.internal.flow.ScopedModuleDriver.prepare(ScopedModuleDriver.java:176)
      at weblogic.application.internal.flow.ModuleListenerInvoker.prepare(ModuleListenerInvoker.java:199)
      at weblogic.application.internal.flow.DeploymentCallbackFlow$1.next(DeploymentCallbackFlow.java:517)
      at weblogic.application.utils.StateMachineDriver.nextState(StateMachineDriver.java:52)
      at weblogic.application.internal.flow.DeploymentCallbackFlow.prepare(DeploymentCallbackFlow.java:159)
      at weblogic.application.internal.flow.DeploymentCallbackFlow.prepare(DeploymentCallbackFlow.java:45)
      at weblogic.application.internal.BaseDeployment$1.next(BaseDeployment.java:613)
      at weblogic.application.utils.StateMachineDriver.nextState(StateMachineDriver.java:52)
      at weblogic.application.internal.BaseDeployment.prepare(BaseDeployment.java:184)
      at weblogic.application.internal.SingleModuleDeployment.prepare(SingleModuleDeployment.java:43)
      at weblogic.application.internal.DeploymentStateChecker.prepare(DeploymentStateChecker.java:154)
      at weblogic.deploy.internal.targetserver.AppContainerInvoker.prepare(AppContainerInvoker.java:60)
      at weblogic.deploy.internal.targetserver.operations.ActivateOperation.createAndPrepareContainer(ActivateOperation.java:207)
      at weblogic.deploy.internal.targetserver.operations.ActivateOperation.doPrepare(ActivateOperation.java:98)
      at weblogic.deploy.internal.targetserver.operations.AbstractOperation.prepare(AbstractOperation.java:217)
      at weblogic.deploy.internal.targetserver.DeploymentManager.handleDeploymentPrepare(DeploymentManager.java:747)
      at weblogic.deploy.internal.targetserver.DeploymentManager.prepareDeploymentList(DeploymentManager.java:1216)
      at weblogic.deploy.internal.targetserver.DeploymentManager.handlePrepare(DeploymentManager.java:250)
      at weblogic.deploy.internal.targetserver.DeploymentServiceDispatcher.prepare(DeploymentServiceDispatcher.java:159)
      at weblogic.deploy.service.internal.targetserver.DeploymentReceiverCallbackDeliverer.doPrepareCallback(DeploymentReceiverCallbackDeliverer.java:171)
      at weblogic.deploy.service.internal.targetserver.DeploymentReceiverCallbackDeliverer.access$000(DeploymentReceiverCallbackDeliverer.java:13)
      at weblogic.deploy.service.internal.targetserver.DeploymentReceiverCallbackDeliverer$1.run(DeploymentReceiverCallbackDeliverer.java:46)
      at weblogic.work.SelfTuningWorkManagerImpl$WorkAdapterImpl.run(SelfTuningWorkManagerImpl.java:528)
      at weblogic.work.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThread.java:209)
      at weblogic.work.ExecuteThread.run(ExecuteThread.java:178)
      Caused by: java.io.IOException: File too large
      at java.io.FileOutputStream.writeBytes(Native Method)
      at java.io.FileOutputStream.write(FileOutputStream.java:282)
      at weblogic.utils.io.StreamUtils.writeTo(StreamUtils.java:19)
      at weblogic.utils.FileUtils.writeToFile(FileUtils.java:117)
      at weblogic.utils.jars.JarFileUtils.extract(JarFileUtils.java:285)
      at weblogic.servlet.internal.ArchivedWar.expandWarFileIntoDirectory(ArchivedWar.java:139)
      at weblogic.servlet.internal.ArchivedWar.extractWarFile(ArchivedWar.java:108)
      at weblogic.servlet.internal.ArchivedWar.<init>(ArchivedWar.java:57)
      at weblogic.servlet.internal.War.makeExplodedJar(War.java:1093)
      at weblogic.servlet.internal.War.<init>(War.java:186)
      at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.processDocroot(WebAppServletContext.java:2789)
      at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.setDocroot(WebAppServletContext.java:2666)
      at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.<init>(WebAppServletContext.java:413)
      at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.<init>(WebAppServletContext.java:493)
      at weblogic.servlet.internal.HttpServer.loadWebApp(HttpServer.java:418)
      at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppModule.registerWebApp(WebAppModule.java:972)
      at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppModule.prepare(WebAppModule.java:382)