Hi, I am running 4 guest ldom on T4-1. Currently each one is having only one network interface and connected to separate vsw(0-3). My doubts are:
1. Is it possible to create multiple VSW on a single Phy? If yes, what about the IP assignment?
2. Is it possible to create VSW with-out assigning net-dev, only for inter-ldom communication? I create like this with inter-vnet-link=on, but packets are not flowing thru this interface.
3. Can some explain the packet flow from Phy -> I/F -> VSW -> VNET(Guest)? Basically, I didn't get the point of, How packets are exchanged b/w Primary and Guest and reach the Phy? Is it a NAT? or Just Pkt Fwd at L2?
1. It is possible to create VSW on single phy. but only on primary domain, does not work on second I/O domain, some kind of bug.
1.1 question is why you want to do this and who do you think IP assignment will need multiple VSW.
2. yes you create create VSW just don't specify net-dev.
3. I don't know answer for this question but you can search google for project solaris crossbow, it should give you similar overview.