3 Replies Latest reply: Apr 12, 2013 7:57 AM by 997468 RSS

Modify Deployment Order

Anton_
      Hello all,

I have 2 deployments, deployment 2 needs to be deployed after deployment 1 because it d2 is using d1. As far as I know you have so called "Deployment Order" (DO). d1 hast DO=100 and d2 has DO=200. If so, then eg after a restart of the weblogic d1 is deployed before d2.

Now my question: How to modify DO during the building of d2? That means that I want to have the information DO=200 in web.xml (or whatever) of the d2. I've tried <load-on-startup>2</load-on-startup> but it doesn't work because I think it is only valid for 2 different servlets in the sam .ear. But I have 2 .ears. Maybe edit weblogic.xml somehow. But I think weblogic.xml affects all deployments and not only 1.

Thank you in advance for you feedback.

Kind regards,
      Anton
        • 1. Re: Modify Deployment Order
          René van Wijk
          To my knowledge to change the deployment order, the application must first be deployed, for example by using the WLST deploy command (http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E24329_01/web.1211/e24490/reference.htm#i1024284) after which you can obtain an instance of the AppDeploymentMBean (http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E12839_01/apirefs.1111/e13951/core/index.html) and change the DeploymentOrder attribute (http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E24329_01/web.1211/e24443/managing.htm#DEPGD306).

The following shows an example (with shared libraries)
          print 'DEPLOY LIBRARIES';
          deploy('jsf-ri', path=jsfrilibrary, targets='Cluster', libraryModule='true');
          deploy('trinidad', path=trinidadlibrary, targets='Cluster', libraryModule='true');
          deploy('coherence-web-spi', path=coherencelibrary, targets='Cluster', libraryModule='true');

print 'START EDIT MODE';
          edit();
          startEdit();

print 'CHANGE DEPLOYMENT ORDER OF DEPLOYED LIBRARIES';
          libraries = cmo.getLibraries();
          for library in libraries:
               library.setDeploymentOrder(1);

print 'SAVE AND ACTIVATE CHANGES';
          save();
          activate(block='true');
          • 2. Re: Modify Deployment Order
            Anton_
            Thank you for your answer.

First I need to familiarize myself with WLS scripting. Then I'll give it a try.

Don't know if it is a correct answer but it is helpful one ;-)

Kind regards,
            Anton
            • 3. Re: Modify Deployment Order
              Hi,

Deployment order can also be changed from admin console for a deployed application. Follow below steps,

1. Lock & Edit
              2. Go to domain > deployments > <app>
              3. Go to Overview tab of the selected deployment where you will see the deployment order as 100 set as default.
              4. Give a value as required.
              5. Save and Activate change.

Thanks,
              Ranjan