993030 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Scenario1:
I am a user logged into Resp: XXXX
MO:Operating Unit of XXXX is ABC
MO:Security Profile of XXXX is XYZ

In the Defn of XYZ I have given 3 OUs = ABC, DEF, GHI

I have a concurrent Prog :Prog1 attached to the Request group of XXXX

Requirement is I should be able to run the conc program- Prog1 at will ....for ABC or DEF or GHI alone and also for all 3 combined.

If I register the conc prog in "Single" mode I would be able to run the Prog for ABC or DEF or GHI alone.
If I register the conc prog in "Multiple" mode I would be able to run the Prog for ABC , DEF and GHI combined.

But is there a way to have both these capabilities in one conc program? ie without changing the conc prog reg everytime?

Thanks
Biju Radhakrishnan
  • 1. Re: MOAC in Concurrent Programs in R12
    Hussein Sawwan-Oracle Employee ACE
    Please see if (Oracle Applications Multiple Organizations Access Control for Custom Code [ID 420787.1]) helps.

Thanks,
    Hussein
  • 2. Re: MOAC in Concurrent Programs in R12
    User297968 Newbie
    Yes - I have seen this done.

Register the report as multi or single it doesn't matter avoid using the secured synonyms e.g. use po_headers_all then put a parameter on the org_id so something like

AND poh.org_id=DECODE(
    :p_operating_unit
    ,9999999, poh.org_id
    ,:p_operating_unit
    )

You may have to do a custom valueset to do. But personally I don't like this requirement and would push back on it as much as you can. As basically you are ignoring the application security and creating report specific security.
  • 3. Re: MOAC in Concurrent Programs in R12
    993030 Newbie
    Thanks for Your Inputs.......

Even I dont want to use the ALL tables and then do a manipulation of the orgid using a p_org_id user parameter.

I was wondering if there is a way to use the multiorg synonym and at the same time dynamically change the multiorg mode while submitting the conc program... Which I guess is not possible....
  • 4. Re: MOAC in Concurrent Programs in R12
    User297968 Newbie
    I know this is a bit of weird way of doing it but could you

Register the programs with a single mode and one with a multi mode but do not assign to a request group

Register a pl/sql wrapper program of the same name with the same parameters but one additional one saying SINGLE or MUTLI then use pl/sql logic to run the standard submit program api choosing which version of the report to based on user input. Its not exactly dynamic but might fulfill the requirement. This program would be the only one the user would see

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points