7 Replies Latest reply: Mar 13, 2013 1:01 PM by spriya RSS

pass multiple values from list manager to different page item

spriya
      Hi,
      I am trying to pass the values of a list manager on page 2 to a text area item on page 1 on click of Go button. (i tried display only item, any item type is fine as long as it will display multiple values)

I always only get the first value in the list manager passed. Can you help me with passing all the values?

I created a workspace to explain the issue.

Workspace: TIMES
      Username: TESTBUTTON
      password: hikes

Application: Report

I have two pages, on page 2, i have a list manager, and once i select multiple values and press go, it redirects to page 1, and sets the value of the Item D with the value. How do i set multiple values?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
      Priya
        • 1. Re: pass multiple values from list manager to different page item
          spriya
          Also, if there is a space or a comma in the name, I used "\" to pass the value, and that worked for one value only.
          • 2. Re: pass multiple values from list manager to different page item
            fac586
            spriya wrote:
            Hi,
            I am trying to pass the values of a list manager on page 2 to a text area item on page 1 on click of Go button. (i tried display only item, any item type is fine as long as it will display multiple values)

I always only get the first value in the list manager passed. Can you help me with passing all the values?

I created a workspace to explain the issue.

Workspace: TIMES
            Username: TESTBUTTON
            password: hikes

Application: Report

I have two pages, on page 2, i have a list manager, and once i select multiple values and press go, it redirects to page 1, and sets the value of the Item D with the value. How do i set multiple values?
            List Manager items use colons (":") to separate multiple values. Values containing colons cannot be passed in APEX URLs, where they have a special use as separators between components of the query string. Therefore the contents of a List Manager containing more than 1 value cannot be passed using a redirect branch that passes values via the URL.

One alternative approach is to set the value of the target item in a page process (conditional on the same button as the branch) rather than in the branch.
            • 3. Re: pass multiple values from list manager to different page item
              spriya
              Thanks for the update. Do you mean setting the value of target in PL/SQL page process on source page and trigger that process on "Go" button of the source page?
              • 4. Re: pass multiple values from list manager to different page item
                fac586
                spriya wrote:
                Thanks for the update. Do you mean setting the value of target in PL/SQL page process on source page and trigger that process on "Go" button of the source page?
                Yes. I implemented that in your example app.
                • 5. Re: pass multiple values from list manager to different page item
                  spriya
                  You just made my day. Thanks, What if i have ',' in the list manager values? (Like the example app where i added ',').
                  The values come up as two lines instead of one in List Manager, and also will i still be passing the same way?
                  • 6. Re: pass multiple values from list manager to different page item
                    fac586
                    spriya wrote:
                    You just made my day. Thanks, What if i have ',' in the list manager values? (Like the example app where i added ',').
                    The values come up as two lines instead of one in List Manager, and also will i still be passing the same way?
                    To me this looks like a bug. However it appears to be the intended (if not properly documented) behaviour. The JavaScript code underlying the list manage contains code to split comma-delimited strings into separate list entries, and the following comment (widget.listManager.js line 104):
                    // List manage supports adding multiple, comma separated values
                    So you obviously can't use values containing commas as list manager entries, because they'll be converted into multiple entries.

This appears counter-inuitive because the expected separator is the colon used in the item value, but you can enter <tt>FOO:BAR</tt> in the text box and it will appear as a single entry in the list, but as 2 entries in the submitted value. This should be implemented in a more consistent manner.
                    • 7. Re: pass multiple values from list manager to different page item
                      spriya
                      Hi,
                      Thanks for the update. I am trying to add a condition to IR report.

Page 1's IR has a condition where ename||lname like the value being passed. Is there anyway we can parse the string NAME1:NAME2:NAME3 that would be passed by Page2, and I want these parsed and seperated by delimiter :, and have or condition in the where clause to get all rows back where ename||lname like NAME1 or NAME2 or NAME3

Is there a way to do this?

Thanks,
                      Priya