1 Reply Latest reply: Mar 8, 2013 7:52 AM by Jeff Smith Sqldev Pm-Oracle RSS

[SOLVED] mySQL third party database?

I think it is surprising that mySQL is threated as a third-party database or has Oracle sold it?

"You can also connect to schemas for selected third-party (non-Oracle) databases, such as MySQL, Microsoft SQL Server, Sybase Adaptive Server, Microsoft Access, and IBM DB2, and view metadata and data."

I have searched most of the documentation and the forum and now I think that I have to install some kind of driver (jdbc perhaps) and then I get a new tab in the connection view where I now only have the oracle tab.

I tried to use the oracle connection tab and use a jdbc connection string: jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/cdr?useUnicode=true&characterEncoding=utf-8 both with and without the unicode string but it did not work.

Found it -> Help -> Developer Center -> JDBE my SQL driver (from my mind, just restarting it)

Edited by: 992601 on 2013-mar-07 23:26
        • 1. Re: [SOLVED] mySQL third party database?
          Jeff Smith Sqldev Pm-Oracle
          Oracle SQL Developer is the IDE for Oracle Database. We also have an extension for TimesTen. But primarily any database support for databases other than Oracle is provided to assist with migrating you from those databases to Oracle.

The MySQL team has it's own IDE, it's called the MySQL Workbench.
          http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/workbench/5.2.html

You'll notice it does not support Oracle Database.