7 Replies Latest reply: Apr 9, 2013 8:49 AM by Michael Ferrante-Oracle RSS

deployment of an application forms

Hi,
      What are the steps to host my application on web ?
        • 1. Re: deployment of an application forms
          HamidHelal
          979155 wrote:
          Hi,
          What are the steps to host my application on web ?
          Well, In general.
          1. You need database server.
          2. Application server.
          3. Rest all are client.

Database server and application server are connected via LAN with each other.
          Application server need Real IP for available over the Internet. If you don't think of internet, you can use within Local Area Network (LAN).

That's it.

Hope this helps
          • 2. Re: deployment of an application forms
            how can I get a database server and application server?
            What are the tools-should I install?

Edited by: 979155 on 27 mars 2013 19:07
            • 3. Re: deployment of an application forms
              HamidHelal
              979155 wrote:
              how can I get a database server and application server?
              Database server means the server machine where you install the Database only and same as
              Application server.
              What are the tools-should I install?
              at database install the database software and at application server install the Application Server software.
              For testing purpose you can install both on the same machine. you can get both from oracle website.

Regards,

Hamid

Mark correct/helpful to help others to get right answer(s).*
              • 4. Re: deployment of an application forms
                Hi,
                I created my form and I save it (its the first step for deployment application).
                Now,I should do this:

Create a configuration section in the Forms Web Configuration page of Oracle
                Enterprise Manager Application Server Control so that Oracle Application Server
                Forms Services can access your application module.

How to do it ?
                • 5. Re: deployment of an application forms
                  HamidHelal
                  979155 wrote:
                  Hi,
                  I created my form and I save it (its the first step for deployment application).
                  Now,I should do this:

Create a configuration section in the Forms Web Configuration page of Oracle
                  Enterprise Manager Application Server Control so that Oracle Application Server
                  Forms Services can access your application module.

How to do it ?
                  What Forms/ AS version u'r using ? You need to configure formsweb.cgf and default.env file to add your custom settings, if you have webutil issues then your also need to configure webutil.cfg file.

Hope this helps

Hamid
                  • 6. Re: deployment of an application forms
                    Salam Alaykom,
                    I have yet to install a server, so I need to use WebUtil to deploy my application?
                    could I use the apache server?

Edited by: 979155 on 9 avr. 2013 06:22
                    • 7. Re: deployment of an application forms
                      Michael Ferrante-Oracle
                      I don't think you are going to have much luck trying to learn how to use any product from scratch in a forum. You need to read the documentation and for more comprehensive training, consider formal classes. Start by reviewing the documentation. If you are most interested in Oracle Forms, you can start with the Forms Deployment Guide. This will explain most of how the deployment part of Forms works. For installation information, refer to the product Installation Guide. This is also included in the Documentation Library.

For Forms/Reports 11.1.2.1 (11gR2), here is the doc library:
                      <blockquote>http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E38115_01/index.htm</blockquote>
                      Forms Technical Papers, Demos, Downloads, etc:
                      <blockquote>http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/developer-tools/forms/overview/index.html</blockquote>
                      For Oracle provided training:
                      <blockquote>http://education.oracle.com/pls/web_prod-plq-dad/ou_product_category.getPage?p_cat_id=169</blockquote>