This content has been marked as final. Show 3 replies
Option 1 :
If Oracle Clusterware is used for implementing normal redundancy. We require the following for failover purpose also.
1. Two OCR files - 280 MB each
2. Three Voting Disks - 280 MB each
Total - 1.4 GB approx
Option 2 :
Oracle recommends that the disk used for the file system be on a RAID. When you use external redundancy the minimum requirement is One OCR and One Voting Disk with 280 MB each.
1. External Redundancy - > Minimum No Of Disks (1) - > One OCR (280 MB) and One Voting Disk (280 MB) -> 580 MB
2. Normal Redundancy - > Minimum No Of Disks (3) - > Two OCR (560 MB) and Three Voting Disk (840 MB) -> 1.4 GB
3. High Redundancy - > Minimum No Of Disks (5) - > Three OCR (840 MB) and Five Voting Disk (1.4 GB) -> 2.3 GB
So, Choose based on redundancy...
Hope it helps..
Note : Use ASM for storing above files..
I have configured 1gb for voting, 10gb for log and 25gb for data. These 3 disk i am selecting during the GRID installation. I choose the external redudancy. Is this fine.
Is there data and log to be selected during db installation or we can select during grid installation itself.
Is it when i select external redudancy i have to opt only for voting only.
In the documentation, you will find a full chapter full of more topics than you want to read about subjects like these, including a few that may answer your questions, such as this:
Hope that helps...