1 Reply Latest reply: Mar 11, 2013 3:16 PM by cj RSS

Connection problem between oracle and php

I installed Oracle 11g client and APM7(Apache, PHP, MYSQL), and made connection between them.
      PHP version is 5.2.12 in APM7

However, there is an error message when I used oracle methods in PHP.
      The error message is 'Call to undefined function'.
      I think this error message causes from connection between oracle and php.

and 'Configure Command' message in PHP information page, it shows that

cscript /nologo configure.js "--enable-snapshot-build" "--disable-isapi" "--enable-debug-pack" "--without-mssql" "--without-pdo-mssql" "--without-pi3web" "--with-pdo-oci=C:\php-sdk\oracle\instantclient10\sdk,shared" "--with-oci8=C:\php-sdk\oracle\instantclient10\sdk,shared" "--with-oci8-11g=C:\php-sdk\oracle\instantclient11\sdk,shared" "--enable-object-out-dir=../obj/" "--enable-com-dotnet=shared" "--with-mcrypt=static" "--disable-static-analyze" "--with-pgo"

I thought above information is problem, especially 'with-oci8-11g=C:\php-sdk\oracle\instantclient11\sdk,shared'
      because, above folder does not exist.

I added 'oci' in php.ini extention, but it still doesn't work.

My OS is Windoows XP.
      Please solve this problem.

Thanks.
        • 1. Re: Connection problem between oracle and php
          cj
          Do you have Oracle database or Oracle Instant Client libraries? You need one or the other. See steps 12 & 13 of http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/articles/technote-php-instant-084410.html

If you already have an Oracle database on another, remote machine, then I recommend using Instant Client on your PHP/Apache machine. Instant Client can be put anywhere as long as PATH points to it. The path you are seeing in the Configure Command message is where the builder of the PHP DLLs had it. You can use another directory.

Also see http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/topics/php/underground-php-oracle-manual-098250.html