1 Reply Latest reply: Mar 11, 2013 10:31 AM by Scott_Symonds RSS

Facing error in starting managed server from nodemanager

Roshni Shankar
      Hi All,

I have installed WebLogic server 10.3.4 and installed OSB 11.1.1.4.0. I created domain with one admin server and one managed server for osb. When I started managed server with the startManagedWebLogic command it got started successfully but when I am trying tp start the managed server from nodemanager I am getting the following error

starting weblogic with Java version:
      FATAL ERROR in native method: JDWP No transports initialized, jvmtiError=AGENT_ERROR_TRANSPORT_INIT(197)
      [ERROR] aborted
      JRockit aborted: Unknown error (50)
      ERROR: transport error 202: bind failed: Address already in use
      ERROR: JDWP Transport dt_socket failed to initialize, TRANSPORT_INIT(510)
      JDWP exit error AGENT_ERROR_TRANSPORT_INIT(197): No transports initialized [../../../src/share/back/debugInit.c:690]
      Starting WLS with line:
      D:\JDK\JROCKI~1.0\bin\java -jrockit -Xdebug -Xnoagent -Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket,address=8453,server=y,suspend=n -Djava.compiler=NONE -Xms256m -Xmx512m -Dweblogic.Name=osb_server1 -Djava.security.policy=D:\ORACLE~1\MIDDLE~1\WLSERV~1.3\server\lib\weblogic.policy -Dweblogic.system.BootIdentityFile=D:\Oracle_OSB\Middleware\user_projects\domains\osb_domain\servers\osb_server1\data\nodemanager\boot.properties -Dweblogic.nodemanager.ServiceEnabled=true -Dweblogic.security.SSL.ignoreHostnameVerification=false -Dweblogic.ReverseDNSAllowed=false -Xverify:none -da:org.apache.xmlbeans... -ea -da:com.bea... -da:javelin... -da:weblogic... -ea:com.bea.wli... -ea:com.bea.broker... -ea:com.bea.sbconsole... -Dplatform.home=D:\ORACLE~1\MIDDLE~1\WLSERV~1.3 -Dwls.home=D:\ORACLE~1\MIDDLE~1\WLSERV~1.3\server -Dweblogic.home=D:\ORACLE~1\MIDDLE~1\WLSERV~1.3\server -Dcommon.components.home=D:\ORACLE~1\MIDDLE~1\ORACLE~1 -Djrf.version=11.1.1 -Dorg.apache.commons.logging.Log=org.apache.commons.logging.impl.Jdk14Logger -Ddomain.home=D:\ORACLE~1\MIDDLE~1\USER_P~1\domains\OSB_DO~1 -Djrockit.optfile=D:\ORACLE~1\MIDDLE~1\ORACLE~1\modules\oracle.jrf_11.1.1\jrocket_optfile.txt -Doracle.server.config.dir=D:\ORACLE~1\MIDDLE~1\USER_P~1\domains\OSB_DO~1\config\FMWCON~1\servers\osb_server1 -Doracle.domain.config.dir=D:\ORACLE~1\MIDDLE~1\USER_P~1\domains\OSB_DO~1\config\FMWCON~1 -Digf.arisidbeans.carmlloc=D:\ORACLE~1\MIDDLE~1\USER_P~1\domains\OSB_DO~1\config\FMWCON~1\carml -Digf.arisidstack.home=D:\ORACLE~1\MIDDLE~1\USER_P~1\domains\OSB_DO~1\config\FMWCON~1\arisidprovider -Doracle.security.jps.config=D:\ORACLE~1\MIDDLE~1\USER_P~1\domains\OSB_DO~1\config\fmwconfig\jps-config.xml -Doracle.deployed.app.dir=D:\ORACLE~1\MIDDLE~1\USER_P~1\domains\OSB_DO~1\servers\osb_server1\tmp\_WL_user -Doracle.deployed.app.ext=\- -Dweblogic.alternateTypesDirectory=D:\ORACLE~1\MIDDLE~1\ORACLE~1\modules\oracle.ossoiap_11.1.1,D:\ORACLE~1\MIDDLE~1\ORACLE~1\modules\oracle.oamprovider_11.1.1 -Djava.protocol.handler.pkgs=oracle.mds.net.protocol -Dweblogic.jdbc.remoteEnabled=false -Dem.oracle.home=D:\Oracle_OSB\Middleware\oracle_common -Djava.awt.headless=true -Dweblogic.management.discover=false -Dweblogic.management.server=http://soaspt-app01.scotwat.net:7010 -Dwlw.iterativeDev= -Dwlw.testConsole= -Dwlw.logErrorsToConsole= -Dweblogic.ext.dirs=D:\ORACLE~1\MIDDLE~1\patch_wls1034\profiles\default\sysext_manifest_classpath;D:\ORACLE~1\MIDDLE~1\patch_ocp360\profiles\default\sysext_manifest_classpath weblogic.Server
      [WARN ] Use of -Djrockit.optfile is deprecated and discouraged.
      FATAL ERROR in native method: JDWP No transports initialized, jvmtiError=AGENT_ERROR_TRANSPORT_INIT(197)
      [ERROR] aborted
      JRockit aborted: Unknown error (50)
      ERROR: transport error 202: bind failed: Address already in use
      ERROR: JDWP Transport dt_socket failed to initialize, TRANSPORT_INIT(510)
      JDWP exit error AGENT_ERROR_TRANSPORT_INIT(197): No transports initialized [../../../src/share/back/debugInit.c:690]
      <11-Mar-2013 13:22:17> <FINEST> <NodeManager> <Waiting for the process to die: 5916>
      <11-Mar-2013 13:22:17> <INFO> <NodeManager> <Server failed during startup so will not be restarted>
      <11-Mar-2013 13:22:17> <FINEST> <NodeManager> <runMonitor returned, setting finished=true and notifying waiters>

My nodemanager is started and reachable. The error above says "Address already in use" but I am able to start my managed server through startManagedWebLogic.cmd command.

Can anyone please tell me what could be the issue. It is really urgent. Please help!!
        • 1. Re: Facing error in starting managed server from nodemanager
          Scott_Symonds
          Hi Roshni,

It is likely that a configuration is missing or not set properly in the Node Manager properties file (nodemanager.properties) since the managed server can be started up using startManagedWebLogic.cmd but not with Node Manager. I would complete the following steps to fix the problem:

1. Go to %WLS_HOME%\common\nodemanager and open up nodemanager.properties (Make a backup of the file first). NOTE: WLS_HOME is your WebLogic Server home.
          2. Look for the parameters "StartScriptEnabled" and "StopScriptEnabled". They should be set to true. If not, please set them to true.
          3. Save and close the file.
          4. Restart the Node Manager

If you are still unable to start the manager server using Node Manager, you may need to update the DEBUG_PORT parameter in setDomainEnv.cmd located in %MIDDLEWARE_HOME%\user_projects\domains\%DOMAIN_HOME%\bin (always make a backup before changing a configuration file). You may refer to Oracle Support note 1272642.1 for more information about the nodemanager.properties file and how to configure the DEBUG_PORT parameter in setDomainEnv.cmd if needed.

Thanks,
          Scott (PITSS)
          http://pitss.com/us