3 Replies Latest reply: Mar 12, 2013 8:48 AM by WSiebel-Oracle RSS

SBL-SCL-00131: Either the RC2 or the AES cryptography engine is not initial

user9354442
      I have applied Siebel 8.1.1.9 FP and want to create a separate object manager for Open UI. I am getting above error while navigating to enterprise screens in Admin - Server Config and Admin - Server Mgmt.

As per Oracle doc id 1531793.1, this occurs when the FP is not correctly applied. "List server" command is showing siebel version as "8.1.1.9 [23016] LANG_INDEPENDENT" but "opatch lsinventory" is showing that all patches are applied.

Can someone confirm if the "List Server" command should show version as "8.1.1.9 FP" or "8.1.1.9"?

Regards
      Siddhesh
        • 1. Re: SBL-SCL-00131: Either the RC2 or the AES cryptography engine is not initial
          WSiebel-Oracle
          Siddesh,

It returns "8.1.1.9":

Siebel Enterprise Applications Siebel Server Manager, Version 8.1.1.9 [23016] LANG_INDEPENDENT
          Copyright (c) 1994-2012, Oracle. All rights reserved.

The Programs (which include both the software and documentation) contain
          proprietary information; they are provided under a license agreement containing
          restrictions on use and disclosure and are also protected by copyright, patent,
          and other intellectual and industrial property laws. Reverse engineering,
          disassembly, or decompilation of the Programs, except to the extent required to
          obtain interoperability with other independently created software or as specified
          by law, is prohibited.

Oracle, JD Edwards, PeopleSoft, and Siebel are registered trademarks of
          Oracle Corporation and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks
          of their respective owners.

If you have received this software in error, please notify Oracle Corporation
          immediately at 1.800.ORACLE1.

Type "help" for list of commands, "help <topic>" for detailed help

Connected to 1 server(s) out of a total of 1 server(s) in the enterprise

srvrmgr> list servers

SBLSRVR_NAME SBLSRVR_GROUP_NAME HOST_NAME INSTALL_DIR SBLMGR_PID SV_DISP_STATE SBLSRVR_STATE START_TIME END_TIME SBLSRVR_ST
          ATUS
          ------------ ------------------ ------------ ----------------- ---------- ------------- ------------- ------------------- -------- --------------------------------
          ssia811 hostname C:\sia81\siebsrvr 6692 Running Running 2013-03-07 12:20:40 8.1.1.9 [23016] LANG_INDEPENDENT

1 row returned.

srvrmgr>

Thanks,

Wilson
          • 2. Re: SBL-SCL-00131: Either the RC2 or the AES cryptography engine is not initial
            user9354442
            Thanks Wilson.
            I assume that you have applied all the 6 fix patches as well QF0001001,QF0001002,QF0001003,QF0001004,QF0001005 and QF0101001

Your answer saved me from uninstalling and reinstalling patches. I still have to figure out why I am getting that error. Any pointer will be helpful.

Thanks again,
            Siddhesh
            • 3. Re: SBL-SCL-00131: Either the RC2 or the AES cryptography engine is not initial
              WSiebel-Oracle
              Siddesh,

Check Doc ID 1505723.1 on support.oracle.com. I was having the same error in a test env. wiht db authentication because the db username was case sensitive and I have logged using sadmin instead of SADMIN, both accounts exists in the DB but the Siebel Administrator is SADMIN uppercase.

Hope it helps,

Wilson